Quality Assurance Automation Consultant
Area of expertise:
About the role:
As a Quality Assurance Consultant, participate in multiple areas of the software development life cycle including interpreting designs, analyzing solutions, upfront discovery and prevention of defect introduction.
In addition, you’ll design testing requirements and verify test plans, cases and scripts with an emphasis and focus on usability and workflows. From there, you will analyze failed tests and manage defects accordingly.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Create and update documentation relating to the quality assurance processes and procedures using tools such as Confluence, Jira and Team Foundation Server.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) phases with customers, including local and remote test run use of relational and Non-relational Structured Query Language (NoSQL) database-queries
- Optimize testing scenario combinations for maximum automated test coverage, working with legacy scripts
- Maintain the test suites in current projects with new or modified features, tracking script versions in Git source control systems and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Design, create and maintain web services tests in Postman, Server Oriented Architecture (SOA)Test, Simple Object Access Protocol User Interface (Soap UI)
You’re enthusiastic about testing to ensure the maintenance of high-quality software. Your background includes experience developing unit tests using .NET, C# or Java as well as the use of agile tracking tools including JIRA and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Your technical and business skill set likely includes:
- Developing automated integration and smoke tests using modern tools including Selenium, SoapUI (web front-end and services)
- The use of relational and NoSQL database-queries and scripting to validate backend functionalities and prepare test data
- Experience using TFS and GIT source control systems; and test management tools including Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Zephyr and Rally
- Client-facing responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and 5 years (post-degree, progressive) experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.