QA / Software Tester - Manual
Area of expertise:
QA/Software Tester – Manual
The Software Tester provides analysis and consulting on highly complex software development projects related to quality assurance, work processes, and compliance with standards and methodologies. This individual is responsible for the development and execution of software test plans and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate plans, status, and issues to management.
- Work with project teams and/or management in prioritizing requirements.
- Play a major role in QA efforts on multiple and simultaneous projects which includes performing manual testing, automation test, system integration testing, user testing and regression testing.
- Effectively integrate the QA engineering and analysis functions on all software development projects.
- Conduct reviews to assess the degree to which application development projects achieve quality.
- Provide consultation and facilitation regarding software quality assurance procedures and testing methods.
- Test new programs, tools and techniques for acceptability, usability, works as documented and makes recommendations as necessary.
- Create and maintains documentation, test plans, test cases for QA procedures.
- Create and maintains automation tools and scripts.
- Evaluate processes and coordinates with others to provide recommendations for standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies in client/server and/or mobile computing environments are desirable.
- Demonstrate competency in the execution of projects.
- Thorough knowledge of QA strategy, process, and tools.
- Ability to code automated tests and perform manual tests.
- Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience in new and legacy computing architectures and environments (e.g., client/server, Web, mobile application).
- Knowledge of relational databases and database applications (DB2 and/or Microsoft SQL Server).
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express technical concepts in business terms.
- Process focused orientation.
Excellent attitude, strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.