Area of expertise:
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer and Release Manager to join our growing team based in Adelaide, SA.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will create, and review test plans/scripts for a range of custom applications or software solutions. You will then collaborate with users to plan user acceptance, alpha and beta tests. You will monitor and report on system tests to ensure that they are completed and documented correctly and that all issues are resolved, repeating test cycles to achieve the required levels of testing and compliance.
- Deliver and lead test planning and execution activities
- Provide operational leadership for others on accurate QA processes at a basic level, contribute to high-performing teams through communication and teamwork skills
- Author test matrices from business/technical requirements
- Design, build, edit and update automated test scripts with minimal supervision
- Lead QA activities on multiple projects
- Facilitate artefact review / inspection meetings, identify issues, and provide feedback
- Identify QA process issues and raise appropriately
- Identify client needs to support the sales effort when required
- Work with other systems development lifecycle (SDLC) related teams and resolve conflicts surrounding issues and broker quality focused resolutions
Technical and non-technical skills
- Proficiency on manual test execution tasks related to test scripts/cases and defects
- Advanced understanding of QA activities in relation to SDLC
- Understanding business requirements, building test cases, test script libraries, tracking bugs, and assisting in crafting test frameworks
- Experience using the following technologies: Selenium Web-driver, Robot Framework, Jira, Confluence, Git, Bitbucket, JMeter, Blazemeter, Postman, BrowserStack
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM and Waterfall development methodologies
- Practiced with API, Mobile and Web application testing
- Experience with scripting, programming, performance testing
- Experience with development standards and SDLC processes and methods
- Mentoring and spearheading work efforts of more junior colleagues and team members as the need arises.
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
- Applicants must hold Australian Citizenship and be eligible for AUS security clearance (CBR)
- Ability to travel domestically as required
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.