Welcome to the Avanade Digital Innovation Studio, where the best in creative and technology mix it up to push the boundaries of innovation. We're a fast-paced, big-idea-dreaming, mishmash of designers, UX architects, technologists, delivery experts, writers, and more, who, when brought together, create transformative digital experiences for some of the biggest and the best brands in the world. Sound like a place you wouldn't mind hanging your hat? Great, keep reading.
About the role
As a QA Automation Test Engineer, you will participate in multiple areas of the software development life cycle including interpreting designs, analyzing solutions, upfront discovery, and prevention of defect introduction. In addition, you’ll design testing requirements and verify test plans, cases and scripts with an emphasis and focus on usability and workflows. From there, you will analyze failed tests and manage defects accordingly.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Provide expertise in the planning, constructing and execution of test scripts from the initial stages of the project until the implementation of the product (Web, Mobile, and API)
• Coach and advise testers as required
• Participate in discussion with business partners in order to provide guidance in the test field
• Apply business and functional knowledge including testing standards, guidelines, and testing methodology to meet the team's overall test objectives
• Ensure all testing results are easily accessible and understandable
• Track defects to closure and keep defect repository up-to-date
You’re passionate about testing and maintaining high-quality software. Your background includes experience developing tests using .NET, C#, Python or Java as well as the use of agile tracking tools including JIRA, Azure Devops, Visual Studio Team Services.
Your technical and business skillset includes:
• Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance and testing processes
• Strong attention to detail
• Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and programming principles
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to drive processes independently
• Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment, excellent interpersonal skills including communication with both internal and external partners
• Good knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
-Selenium WebDriver / Appium / Xamarin.UITest
-SpecFlow / Cucumber
-IDE: Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ
-Continuous Integration, version control, and defect tracking tools: Git; Azure DevOps, JIRA etc.
• Excellent command of English