QA Automation Test Engineer (Custom Applications Team)
Area of expertise:
As a QA Automation Test Engineer, you will participate in multiple areas of the software development life cycle including interpreting designs, analyzing solutions, upfront discovery, and prevention of defect introduction. In addition, you’ll design testing requirements and verify test plans, cases and scripts with an emphasis and focus on usability and workflows. From there, you will analyze failed tests and manage defects accordingly.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Provide expertise in the planning, constructing and execution of test scripts from the initial stages of the project until the implementation of the product (Web, API, Console)
• Coach and advise testers as required
• Participate in discussion with business partners and development team in order to provide guidance in the test field
• Apply business and functional knowledge including testing standards, guidelines, and testing methodology to meet the team's overall test objectives
• Ensure all testing results are easily accessible and understandable
• Track defects to closure and keep defect repository up-to-date
You’re passionate about testing and maintaining high-quality software. Your background includes experience developing tests using .NET, C#, Python, Postman as well as the use of agile tracking tools including JIRA, Azure Devops, Visual Studio Team Services.
Your technical and business skillset includes:
• Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance and testing processes
• Strong attention to detail
• Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and programming principles
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to drive processes independently
• Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment, excellent interpersonal skills including communication with both internal and external partners
• Good knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
-Selenium WebDriver / Appium
-SpecFlow / Cucumber
-IDE: Visual Studio
-Continuous Integration, version control, and defect tracking tools: Git; Azure DevOps, JIRA etc.
• Excellent command of English
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.