Area of expertise:
As part of the Global Solutions Area Shared Services Team, the GSA Project Manager will support the incubation and acceleration of new cross Market Unit projects and programs by proactively driving, coordinating, managing, and reporting on the execution of project activities and deliverables. These projects are intended to infuse intention, agility, and client-centricity into how we build, manage, and evolve our go-to-market services, and may include both quick-hit initiatives to enhance our existing offering portfolio, as well as broader-reaching strategic programs that bring new and innovative capabilities to life.
As a Project Manager, you are responsible for contributing to successful programs/projects as measured by schedule, budget (if applicable), quality of deliverables, and stakeholder satisfaction. You will contribute to initiating, estimating, planning, executing, and deploying projects of moderate size/complexity. Projects involve Senior Product Owners and a multi-disciplinary core team, including content professionals, Studios User Experience (UX) team members, Innovation and Sales professionals. You will serve as the Scrum Master for the development of the project by helping remove impediments to the Core Team's success, facilitating meetings, and supporting Agile practices.
In addition, you will ensure key stakeholders (including the Product Owner and members of the extended team) understand and adhere to Agile methodology and help lead the team and organization through the change required to achieve success. You will lead regular status meetings, communicate progress, and escalate issues, risks, and financial performance (if applicable) to relevant stakeholders. Leveraging different project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid, Scrum, etc.) may be required to serve the project needs, however Agile/Scrum is preferred.
Your Skills Include:
- Demonstrated experience leading projects focused on driving medium scale change in a consulting environment
- Project Management experience using Agile methodologies and scrum techniques to lead projects
- Experienced Scrum Master with background managing multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring Agile techniques and processes are consistently followed
- Experience directly managing a Product Backlog
- Ability to adapt to different team cultures
- Problem solving and escalation management in a complex environment
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Azure DevOps
- Experience working with both technical and creative teams is a plus
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in business or technology-related field
- Knowledge of Avanade’s Delivery Framework
- PMP Certification
- Excellent client-facing communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent Interpersonal and cross-group collaboration skills
- Solid ability to navigate organization complexity
- Solid ability to manage programs and lead through influence
- Flexible and adaptable to changes and shifts in priorities and subject matter
- Ability to multitask across multiple projects and multi-disciplinary teams
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.