As a Power BI Consultant, you will design and develop human and/or machine experience using data and analytics tools and processes. Using emerging and established technologies, the Power BI Consultant will consider and design for both human and machine interactions in response to insights discovered from data. Additionally, this role will play a critical role in enabling data discovery of core issues, trends, expected and actual outcomes for humans and machines consuming the data.
Key Role Responsibilities
Day-to-day you will:
· Implement project plans around reporting tools, information dashboards, data generators, and other end-user information portals or resources
· Contribute to teams providing technology-based data reporting tools and management for business segments or the company at large
· Bring expertise or identifies subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts to identify, interpret, and produce recommendations based on company reporting and data needs.
· Advise business groups by providing technical and strategic reports that identify and address business issues and opportunities.
· Generate ad hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts.
· Integrate data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements.
· Program and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators, canned reports and other end-user information portals or resources. May create specifications for reports based on business requests.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements
Your technical/non-technical skills include:
· Proficient with visual data tools like Power BI, Qlik, or Tableau.- Demonstrable professional experience with data mining, analysis, modeling, of large scale, complex data sets.
· Advanced proficiency with SQL for the generation and extraction of data for use in analytics and reporting.
· Interpret results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple exploratory data analysis to statistical modeling- Enduring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Experience partnering on analytics-related sales pursuits.
· Client consulting and project-leadership experience working with third-party clients preferred but not essential.
· You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or another relevant field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
What we offer you
· At Avanade we continuously invest in the development of your skills. We help you to keep up to speed with the latest in technology and business.
· Besides an exciting international environment, a unique chance to participate in challenging projects and interaction with inspiring colleagues who have a professional attitude and attach considerable importance to teamwork; we stand for:
· A competitive salary with additional benefits, such as a company car, phone, insurances.
· A very strong training & development focus, with an internal University and ample opportunity to learn and grow.
· A personal career plan, controlled by you and guided by Avanade.