What can we offer?
We can offer a position with interesting and diverse client projects where you will work with some of the largest organizations and companies mainly in the Nordics. Your development is central to us. We have a strong focus on the career and development opportunities of all our people. Everyone has a career advisor who works with you to create a plan and guides you in choosing from the many training opportunities we offer.
As part of a global company, there is plenty of opportunities to collaborate with and learn from colleagues from all over the world. This collaboration can be both in technical or more social form, Avanade has several programs and employee resource groups dedicated to supporting minority groups (women, LGBT+, BIPOC) and volunteering / corporate citizenships. Our office is located in Helsinki, Finland so we expect you to have a work permission by the Finnish government to apply for this position.
Day-to-today, you will
- Support project plans for reporting tools, information dashboards and portals, data visualizations and modeling, and other resources.
- Help teams provide technology-based data reporting tools and management.
- Build reports and regular datasets for users with system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts.
- Integrate data from various sources to produce data elements.
- Plan, design and execute performance tests.
- Create specifications for reports based on business requests.
- At some point in the future maybe even travel, as needed.
Ideally, your experience includes
- Using Power BI to help our customers gain insight from their data, by creating dashboards and reports designed with their specific needs in mind.
- Interpreting results using a variety of techniques.
- Experience in T-SQL and DAX.
- Hands-on experience with Azure as data platform.
- Communication and presenting skills in both Finnish and English.
- Knowledge about Databricks, Python or Spark is a plus.
You know your way around analytics and statistical modeling tools and can communicate complex methodologies and concepts in non-technical language to our clients and colleagues. You also understand the point of it all-to produce solid insights to drive business decisions. You have an analytical mind on top of excellent technical skills.
Preferred Years of Work Experience
You likely have about 2+ years of relevant professional experience - Power BI experience will be a deciding factor.
Preferred Education Background
You likely possess Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field such as computer science, information technology, statistics, or business. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice. Holding the certifications MCSA: BI Reporting, Microsoft Certified: Data Analyst Associate, or similar is a plus.
Avanade was founded as a joint venture between Microsoft Corporation and Accenture LLP in 2000. Since our founding, Avanade has become the leader in the Microsoft services marketplace, with more than 38,000 highly skilled professionals, helping thousands of clients envision and realize their business goals. Our solutions are built on an unrivaled combination of insight, innovation, and technical knowledge, backed by proven tools, methodologies, and practices.
Recently, in 2020, Avanade, together with Accenture, was named Microsoft Global Alliance SI Partner of the Year, as well as Global AI and Machine Learning Partner of the Year. Together, Accenture and Avanade have delivered more than 35,000 Microsoft projects for more than 12,000 clients across over 20 industries around the world. The companies have been named Microsoft Alliance Partner of the Year 15 times, more than any other partner.
Our Microsoft expertise is unsurpassed:
- 15-time winner of Microsoft Partner of the Year
- 24,000+ certifications in Microsoft technology
- 90+ Microsoft partner awards
- 19 Gold Competencies