Power BI Consultant
Area of expertise:
Do you enjoy making sure that information is accessible and easy to use? So do we.
You’re a BI designer who knows how to find, store and present a range of information from different sources so that everyone can access what they need quickly and simply, and use it effectively.
You draw on your considerable experience in bringing data to life to solve sometimes complex problems, and you’re comfortable looking after several projects at once. You’re able to make your own decisions while at the same time supporting more junior team members.
About the job:
As a Power BI Developer, you know the importance of data visualization to business. You design and set up projects that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making. You make sure that data is accessible and easy to use, so that it can be utilized for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
Day to day, you will:
- Use your knowledge to plan and deliver Power BI solutions
- Lead the Power BI architecture for projects with focus on right choice of visuals, Power BI datasets, cubes, DAX, data modelling etc
- Lead the architecture conversation with project stakeholders both within and outside the organisation
- Design and develop the dashboards and reports
- Stay up to date with business best practice in using Power BI
- Support deal teams by providing subject knowledge and solutions for client proposals
- Travel as required.
You have great experience in data and analysis, and how to source, store and share information. You’re a client facing problem solver who’s happy to work autonomously and to share their knowledge and skills, as well as guiding other team members. Your skills and experience include:
- Use of Power BI for both on-premises, cloud deployments and Azure experience
- Good experience in Power Enterprise deployments
- As an individual contributor, able to design and develop dashboards
- Experience with Power BI Report Server, Power BI online and Embedded options
- Effort estimation in support of project delivery or pre-sales effort
- Experience in structured problem solving. You have experience and understanding of database design and SQL and don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves to solve code related issues.
- Collaborative & good at people management
- Fluent in English and Swedish
- You’re likely to have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and have several years of relevant professional experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.