Power BI Consultant
Area of expertise:
We are recruiting for a skilled Power BI Consultant to join a bright and talented team, consisting of Microsoft Valued Professionals (MVP's) and globally recognised experts in the field. The role of a Power BI consultant is a mixture of consulting skills and technical data modelling/visualisation skills.
Our Power BI reporting solutions are often backed by a data platform in Azure that we will also build for the client. Our overall solutions therefore include use of tools such as Azure SQL Data Warehouse (ADW), Azure Data Lake (ADL), Cosmos DB, Stream Analytics and Azure Analysis Services (AAS). Whilst we have dedicated consultants who specialise in these technologies, you will be expected to develop sufficient knowledge of them in order to work effectively within the broader Microsoft team.
Avanade have developed a popular custom visual in the Power BI Marketplace - Icon Map and our staff have presented both at global conferences and local meetups. The client base which we have developed data visualisation reporting services for include FTSE 100 Companies in the UK and one of the larges European supermarket chains based in the Netherlands.
- Ingesting data from a variety of corporate data sources and performing required transformations in the query editor using a mixture of utilising the UI and M code.
- Data modelling capabilities including designing effective BI data models in line with the Kimble methodology.
- Developing calculations in DAX which are accurate and performant on large datasets.
- Designing effective layouts using themes and report grids, working closely with our digital design team.
- Utilising the navigation features in Power BI (e.g., bookmarks, drill throughs) to guide readers through a compelling data-driven story.
- Working with our testing team to manage the processes around client User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and fixing any defects identified.
- Publishing reports via the Power BI service, managing them through distribution of apps and monitoring usage/data refreshes/secruity access (N.B> for large scale deployments this is often undertaken by our managed services team).
- Working closely with clients, gathering requirements and translating them.
- Shaping an approach for governance and deployment of Power BI in large organisations, including advising on licensing, distribution/sharing, training and support.
- Experience of designing conceptual and logical data models.
- Skilled in Power BI and other visualisation tools.
- Ability to take client requirements, understand them and turn them into a powerful story told through engaging visuals in Power BI.
- Confident communication with stakeholders of all levels including the ability to advise, train and support clients where necessary.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.