Portfolio Management and Incubation Product Manager
Area of expertise:
The Portfolio Management and Incubation Product Manager will be responsible for managing Avanade’s portfolio of service offerings and assets through an established lifecycle while building world-class product management tools and processes that will be leveraged by a network of product managers around the world. You will ensure customer interests are at the center of our product/solution lifecycle and maximize the return on our product management investments. You are a tactical business leader, leading key operational activities from definition to development of Avanade’s service offerings. You will excel at working across functional teams, architecting processes and solutions that help position Avanade to continue to lead as a provider of Microsoft technology and consulting services.
Product & Business Planning
Works with Solution Area leadership and market/customer research to create business plans for software products/solutions that align with Avanade strategic direction
Creates and operationalizes processes to assess the health of existing product and service offerings, ensuring consistency in how we evaluate and measure the maturity and future potential of our business
- Identifies and implements tools and methodologies to gather and synthesize feedback from clients, quantitative data, research reports, market trends to inform product and service requirements and vision; improves the collection of customer requirements
- Defines and clearly articulates/explains processes and tools to internal audiences
- Stays up to date on relevant products and technologies, adapting portfolio strategy and roadmap to meet market demands and standards
Product & Program Ownership
- Works with Solution Area Product Managers to create and regularly maintain the product/solution vision, roadmap, and backlog of work through the project's life cycle
- Manages product/solution release content and schedules for Avanade’s portfolio of services
- Communicates with senior leadership to provide feedback on progress and implementation of product management vision
- Assists in developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working across departments and with leadership to execute
- Develops strong understanding of the business, and deep Avanade business acumen
Increasingly diverse/complex experience in a product management context
People management experience strongly preferred
Undergraduate degree required, preferably Business, Marketing, or related degrees; MBAs considered highly valuable
Discipline Knowledge & Skills
- Experience implementing software products by working with UX design, development and management teams in an agile environment
- Strong knowledge of software development and implementation lifecycles
- Strong internal/external stakeholder interaction; includes presenting to and influencing executive decision-makers
- Experience in conducting primary and secondary research on markets including market segments, geographies, products, and industry
- Experience gathering requirements (from customers, other stakeholders) to build and guide project/product roadmaps, including use of requirements-gathering tools/technologies
- Demonstrated ability to understand different business models and strategies
- Experience working with, managing and influencing virtual teams, including off-shore
- Clear and concise oral and written communication
- Experience working in a digital agency or consulting firm
- Knowledgeable about project/program financials (e.g., budgeting, assessing financial impact, working with financial analysts)
- Strong networking skills; can build relationships quickly
- Customer oriented attitude with great presentation, interpersonal and negotiation skills
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.