Organisational Change Management, Consultant / Snr Consultant
Area of expertise:
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mould and who is passionate about the power of technology to transform organisations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being ambitious, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
About the role
Avanade is looking for a Consultant/Senior Consultant to join their Organisational Change Management team. As part of Avanade’s Advisory Group, our role is to help clients develop and deliver their digital workplace strategies, addressing the organisational and employee impact. This is a non-technical role that focuses on people and organisational change, working within an exciting and dynamic technology driven consultancy.
The mission is to support our clients in understanding the organisational and people impact of their digital journey. Working with our clients we help them define change strategies to transform their working structures and processes, drive adoption and deliver the expected return on their digital workplace strategy. You will focus on the organisational, people and process side of change. Structured in your approach, you will have a strong set of people management and influencing skills and bring a dynamic and hands-on approach. You will play a key role throughout the project lifecycle, interfacing with clients, programme management and technology delivery. You will bring experience and grow your capability, and actively contribute to developing the Organisational Change Management offerings.
In this role, you will:
Understand the client’s business change journey and, using a structured and analytical approach, build and implement a multi-faceted Change Management Plan that will drive the positive outcomes around organisation, roles, process, collaboration and benefit realisation.
You will be able to demonstrate the following skills and capabilities:
- Assess the impact of a business change. Identifying high impact areas and subsequently building an appropriate change strategy to minimise the impact and improve long-term adoption.
- Ability to articulate a compelling case for change, and coach Change Sponsors on messaging, influence and behaviour modelling for their teams.
- Design and delivery of change initiatives such as training, communication and change network enablement.
- Effective use of change tools, such as Change Impact Assessments to guide prioritisation of change interventions.
- Demonstrating excellent client management and engagement skills.
- Setting up and developing a Change Network to ‘Champion’ the change with the client, ensuring adoption remains high in the short and long-term.
- Support the closure of the project and ensure the client is able to transition to business-as-usual.
- 3+ years of change experience around people, process and technology
- Application of business change management theories.
- Have a real passion for technology and how it positively influences development of the workplace and employee roles and experience.
- Plan and drive partner engagement, leadership alignment, impact analysis, learning/training, communications, business readiness, deployment, and adoption measurement.
- Experience leading ground-breaking projects for customers.
- Microsoft technologies, e.g. Office 365, Teams, Dynamics CRM, Skype for Business, SharePoint, Yammer etc.
- Experience working in multi-functional and complex teams.
- Relevant professional consulting or advisory experience.
- Experience leading teams and/or influencing others.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.