O365 Modern Workplace Consultant
Area of expertise:
Are you passionate about helping partners realise the value of a Modern Workplace? So are we.
You have deployment experience in Windows 10 and Office 365 and can incorporate these technologies to provide a truly cost-efficient, responsive and secure evergreen Modern Workplace to our valued partners.
You’re a natural communicator who wants to help our partners on their Modern Workplace journey. You will help improve employee mobility, productivity, collaboration and security demonstrating your experience in Exchange Online, SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams Your interpersonal and communication skills help technical and non-technical clients engage with often complex information.
About the job
As an Infrastructure Consultant, you build modern and powerful applications, guiding your clients on the architecture and implementation of sophisticated software applications. You craft the processes, procedures and tools that transform businesses, working with our technology and design teams to build fully integrated technology, operations, strategies and solutions.
Day to day, you will:
- Take part in all project phases – Plan, Analyse, Design, Build and Test
- Partner with the technology and design teams to turn strategies into solutions
- Create and adapt Infrastructure solutions
- Define project documentation, including design, build and operations guides, as well as the management processes, procedures and toolsets
- Carry out integration and user testing
- Support your clients to transform their technology landscapes
- Work with global and offshore teams
- Guide and mentor junior members of the team
- Travel as required.
You are a skilled communicator, with good written and spoken English, who can convey sometimes complex information to technical and non-technical partners. You collaborate with your colleagues locally and globally to make full use of their knowledge and experience to develop effective strategies and solutions.
You are likely to have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, Information Technology or similar. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be suitable. You also have at least five years of experience in systems engineering and/or infrastructure.
Your skills and experience include:
- Experience architecting and building O365 solutions covering Exchange Online, SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams
- Good technical understanding of O365 core technologies including Exchange, Skype and SharePoint in cloud, on-premises and hybrid scenarios.
- Experience with deployment in complex hybrid and/or heterogeneous environments.
- Technical experience and knowledge of application portfolio management techniques as part of workplace transformations.
- Ideally you will have technical experience in cloud architectures, including Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions.
- An ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including an understanding of different architectural frameworks that may be used by our customers.
- Experience with identity solutions including MIM or FIM
- Australian Citizen
- Ability to travel domestically
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.