North America Banking & Capital Market Industry Lead
Area of expertise:
About the Role
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mold and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
We are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our partner clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the globe. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
As a leader in Avanade’s Advisory Services, you will drive business consulting services as an on ramp to large scale technology implementations and transformations. Our Advisory Services teams work with our clients at the C-suite level to clearly define vision and strategy and create strong roadmaps for implementation.
Aligned with Avanade’s Ambition 2025 strategy, Industry will be a critical focus where we bring industry relevance to our business and technology solutions for the client. To enable this for our priority Industries, we are developing an Industry Network across all our capabilities. The Area Industry Lead role is essential in how we bring our Industry strategy, network, and industry-relevant Advisory Services to life in the context of our clients, people, and wider offerings.
As the Area Banking & Capital Markets Industry Lead, you will be responsible for the overall strategy, performance, and growth of the Banking & Capital Markets Industry in your Area. This includes building a strong market presence, opening new market opportunities, and enabling regions to drive growth in the Banking & Capital Markets business. You will partner closely with internal leaders to implement a strategy for identification, development, sales, solutions, and investments in the Banking & Capital Markets Industry. Expertise including but not limited to customer experience, regulatory compliance, risk management, market data, and trading across all asset classes, insurance, retail banking, digital banking, fraud, lending, etc., all within a digital technology context, will be key to the role. This role is also “hands on” - you will also play a sales and delivery focused role for key Banking and Capital Markets clients. Experience of the Microsoft ecosystem in Banking and Capital Markets is also desirable.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
Through collaboration with your Global industry and offering leadership
- Define Banking & Capital Markets-led propositions for our offerings
- Curate a comprehensive set of Banking & Capital Markets-specific assets, go-to-market content
- Manage and own Banking & Capital Markets client success stories
Market Development & Sales
Through collaboration with your regional industry leadership and regional offering leadership:
- Focus account teams to drive market development within Banking & Capital Markets.
- Develop Banking & Capital Markets led opportunities.
- Manage relationship ecosystems with partners Microsoft & Accenture/AMBG in industry.
- Build winning proposals that demonstrate expertise in the Banking & Capital Markets space
- Engage with regional operations teams, offering leads, and capability leads to ensure the right Banking & Capital Markets resources are engaged for industry opportunities.
· Lead and support the delivery of a broad range of Advisory engagements.
- Work with senior client executives to identify their business problems and develop the right approach and analytical solutions.
- Actively participate in client engagements by leading teams, driving client outcomes, and owning key deliverables.
- Partner with Talent Community Lead and Regional Capability Lead to maintain and identify the capabilities needed to deliver Banking & Capital Markets-led solutions.
- Enable and grow our Banking& Capital Markets SMEs.
- Proven track record of management consulting experience and strategy through use of design thinking, stakeholder alignment, vision creation, roadmap creation, assessments, and business case validation
- Proven track record of developing and growing long-term, high value client relationships.
- Strong understanding of the challenges faced and opportunities available in todays’ Banking & Capital Markets industry, coupled with a point of view on how to approach and address them with technology driven solutions.
- Strong communication and negotiation capabilities.
- Creating, delivering, selling, and supporting Banking & Capital Markets-centric use cases, value propositions and solutions.
- 15+ years of relevant technology business leadership experience, including solution sales, creation, delivery, and business management.
- 5+ years of demonstrated people experience. Experience of working Consulting or IT Services delivery organizations desirable but not essential.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.