Modern Workplace M365 Consultant
Area of expertise:
Job Description – Infrastructure - Modern Workplace AD/M365 Consultant
Cities: Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Minneapolis
States/Provinces: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin
ABOUT THE ROLE
Do you love living in the cloud? So do we! Growing our Cloud business and presence in the market is a strategic priority for Avanade. We are fast-growing and expanding our Modern Workplace team in O365 architecture.
As a Modern Workplace Infrastructure Consultant, you are encouraged to plan, analyze, design, test, deploy and migrate enterprise scale Microsoft messaging migrations. You will need to demonstrate functional knowledge and technical expertise in the Microsoft O/M365 and On-Prem Exchange migration environments (as well as Identity / Active Directory), promote innovative solutions to our customer’s, and develop relationships with key customer stakeholders to help them achieve their business goals.
Day-to-day, you will:
· Craft and deploy enterprise-wide, complex cloud messaging infrastructure solutions.
· Lead technical discussions with senior customer executives that drive decisions and implementation.
· Review and manage technical requirements and business functional requirements for establishing new cloud messaging platforms (on-prem AD vs. Azure AD, hybrid mail flows, etc.).
· Craft architecture with Microsoft messaging and cloud technologies that meets customer’s technical, security, and business needs for apps/workloads.
· Perform Active Directory / Azure AD, Office 365 (O365) and Exchange enterprise migrations.
You are a solid technologist with strong business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as with client business users, and you know how to build bridges between the two. With your excellent communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
You have knowledge of several of the following areas: infrastructure solutions in Microsoft eco-system, cloud technologies, networking, data center operations, platform migration and enterprise directories
You likely have at least five years of relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems or a related field. MCSA or MCSE certifications preferred.
Your non-technical experience likely includes:
· Interacting with clients
· Communicating and speaking publicly complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
· Leadership/Management experience
· Working with global teams and offshore resources
Your technical skillset likely includes:
· Experience with and/or deep understanding of Microsoft eco-system stack including Office 365, Exchange, and Azure Active Directory
· Experience With PowerShell, PowerShell Workflow and Solving PowerShell Ise
· Identity Management (Active Directory, Azure Active Directory
· Experience with BitTitan and Quest Software
- Strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of network protocols/services and network infrastructure tied to on premise and cloud workflows (e.g., for complex authentication, mail flow and messaging scenarios)
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.