About the Role:
Do you thrive on working in the latest technologies to identify and develop custom technology solutions that improve employee experiences, productivity and effectiveness? Do you like working in deeply skilled and highly motivated and effective team of experts to deliver rewarding results for our clients? That is what our modern workplace team of engineers is constantly involved in on a daily basis – and each day is more exciting than the previous as our team grows with the pace of change in evolving technologies!
Avanade is a global leader for Modern Workplace and Employee Experience transformation and managed services. Our Workplace Platform Modernization offering helps clients identify, design, and implement solutions on the Microsoft 365 platform with speed and scale. These solutions include Active Directory, Windows 10, Intune/SCCM, Office 365, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Exchange and the Microsoft E5 security suite.
As a Modern Workplace engineer you will join our team of highly skilled and certified experts in the delivery of transformation projects for our clients. You will work with various teams in projects to develop and engineer complex solutions leveraging various automation tools, scripting, existing documentation assets, work with 3rd party vendor partners, as well as leveraging Avanade tooling and IP to execute transformation projects at scale for our clients from the mid-size to the large fortune companies’ enterprise environments.
The modern workplace engineer role includes:
• Working on project-based delivery planning and execution of technologies in the modern workplace technology stack.
• Engineering and development of custom solutions with various tooling such as PowerShell and scripting.
• Working with our global teams to execute small, medium, and large-scale global implementations.
• Working with our teams to develop and customize high quality designs and documentation for custom solutions.
• Engaging with clients to conduct environment analysis to plan and execute implementations from beginning to end.
• Designing, building, testing, and Implementation of the modern workplace technologies in medium to large enterprise environments.
• Demonstrating depth and expertise in the modern workplace technologies to guide clients throughout the process for implementations and transformations.
• Develops skills and trains in various technologies in the modern workplace technologies.
• This role may travel only as needed mostly within region when COVID restrictions are lifted.
You are an experienced technology practitioner, with skills and experience in Microsoft 365 and Azure with a specific focus on Modern Workplace technology. You are able to work with small, medium, and large teams of engineers and architects to analyze, design, and execute projects with quality.
You have experience working within a technology role, consultancy, or systems integrator. You project a level of knowledge and a high degree of creativity about how to use Microsoft and other technologies to deliver business value. You continuously aim for high quality output products from documentation to execution. You thrive in challenging environments where you can quickly earn the respect of our clients through your technical skills execution.
You are someone who is looking to grow their career at the #1 global Systems integrator for Microsoft 365 solution, by working on some of the largest and most complex global implementations. If you have aspirations to get experience working in presales technical capacity that is a plus.
Your skillset includes experiences in multiple areas from the following:
• Having the passion to innovate and develop innovative custom solutions in the modern workplace technology stack.
• Having the passion to continuously develop and grow your skills leveraging provided learning paths, environments, tools, and benefits.
• Having the ability to maintain and demonstrate skills and proficiency with relevant certifications in the modern workplace practice.
• Experience in Office 365 environments including implementation of Exchange, OneDrive for Business, Teams, and SharePoint.
• Experience with Desktop deployments and rollouts, upgrading to latest Windows clients, SCCM & Intune. Understanding and experience with modern management is a plus.
• Good understanding of cloud concepts and Microsoft’s Azure cloud.
• Experience and understanding of workplace security with Microsoft EMS E5 suite
• Active Directory / Azure Active Directory
• Exchange / Exchange Online
• SharePoint / SharePoint Online
• Intune / SCCM
• Azure Advanced Threat Protection
• Azure Information Protection
• Cloud App Security
• Advanced Threat Analytics
• Experience with supplemental technologies such as migration tools associated with the modern workplace technologies such as:
• Quest Tools
• Binary Tree
• BitTitan Tools
• Good understanding of networking infrastructure components and enterprise scale implementations such as domain hosting provider capabilities and DNS.
• Good understanding of security such as PKI and certificates.
• Skills and experience with various methods of troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark, Fiddler, and other 3rd party tools.
• Skills and experience with automation tools such as PowerShell, and various scripting tools.
• Ability to effectively work both with a distributed team as well as individually when needed, including experience working with off-shore teams.
• Work experience in organizations and projects with heavy client interactions.
• Strong communications skills and technology consulting project-based background.
• Proficient with technical writing and documentation along with effective presentation skills.
• Ability to quickly learn and develop skills in new technologies with demonstrating proficiency through certifications.
• Thrives and welcomes the dynamic and constantly evolving client environments with various projects and clients.