About the Role:
The Infrastructure Consulting team designs, installs and configures enterprise technology architecture for Avanade clients. Its expertise spans security, availability/fail-over, operating system/compute, storage, database, networking, and operations infrastructure, typically involving Microsoft or multi-vendor technologies.
As an Infrastructure Consultant with expertise in Endpoint Transformation/Modernization especially focusing on Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD), Citrix/ VDI, and desktop/ application publishing solutions (computers and mobile devices), you will participate in and sometimes lead the development of complex infrastructure solutions. You will work directly with clients to identify opportunities to transform their information technology landscapes and, as client business requirements change, help modify Avanade-designed infrastructure solutions. With a thorough understanding of both client and Avanade businesses, you will oversee people and project management for projects of moderate size and complexity.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Execute large-scale desktop deployment, platform migration and mobile endpoint management
- Partner with cross-functional technology and design teams to integrate technology, operations and solution requirements into solution strategies
- Design and conduct systems integration testing, component integration testing and user acceptance testing
- Create project deliverable documentation, including design, build and operations guides
You are a technologist with strong business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as with client business users, and you know how to build bridges between the two. With your excellent communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
Your technical skillset likely includes:
- Knowledge of several of the following areas: System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Intune, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Desktop Transformation, Operating System Deployment (OSD), Windows 10, Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD)/ VDI, Non-Microsoft Mobility Management platforms (AirWatch etc),
- Knowledge of operation management, systems security, testing, and mobility considerations.
Your non-technical experience likely includes:
- Interacting with clients
- Assisting in proposal writing and solutions
- Working with global teams and offshore resources
- Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Technical and procedural documentation including designs.
You likely have at least three years of relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems or a related field. MCSA or MCSE certifications preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience with System Center Configuration Management (SCCM) design/architecture and implementation experience is a must.
- 2+ years’ experience with Intune (MDM / MAM-WE, etc.) and other mobility solutions is required.
- 3+ years’ experience with transforming Windows Desktop operating systems within customer environments
- Experience of mobile device platforms, including Windows, Android, iOS and Knox is required
- 2+ years of Application & Desktop Virtualization technologies (Citrix/VMware/VDI/WVD)
- Experience with Windows Server /2016/2019, Active Directory, Windows 10 desktop transformation/desktop modernization
- 1+ years’ experience with Microsoft Azure, specifically Identity & Access Management (IAM), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- O365/M365 experience strongly preferred. PowerShell scripting
- Application Packaging processes and technologies
- Operating System Deployment and Windows Image creation
- Strong knowledge of Windows-as-a-Service
- Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of network protocols/services and network infrastructure
- Strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business, Sales or Marketing strongly preferred.