Modern Workplace Delivery Lead
Area of expertise:
About the role
Avanade is looking for a Modern Workplace Delivery Manager to join our fast-growing delivery practice.
Our business is built around complex technology projects which cross business areas and borders with our worldwide client base. Great project management is at the hub of every project and program we touch - creating and implementing plans to meet operational objectives and ensure effectiveness.
The scope of the Delivery Manager’s job is multifaceted, demanding a depth and breadth of business knowledge. As a business leader, you will be responsible for managing and driving front-line operations, and executing projects, programmes and services.
To excel in this role, you will use your strategic outlook while maintaining a strong practical focus on day-to-day activities and changing requirements. Balancing scope, schedule, budget, quality and risks, your monitoring and reporting processes will enable a fast response to any issue. As a great communicator, you’ll build a collaborative team, forge strong client and partner relationships, and manage stakeholder expectations internally and externally.
In practice, you will be:
- Responsible for overall project or program delivery and client management.
- Accountable for Managed Delivery practices.
- Own overall delivery – deliver the contractual agreements (SOW)
- Create project artefacts and own project financials
- Manage Client Data Protection (CDP)
· Business Continuality Management
- Mentor and manage Avanade and subcontractor staff assigned to the project
- Develop and implement change enablement processes throughout the project
- Contribute to the sales process, including estimating work effort and expenses using Avanade's standard tools
- Engage and partner with appropriate onshore, offshore and near shore workforces, including Service Licensing Agreements (SLAs)
- Direct experience in consulting project management with 5+ years managing teams.
- Results-oriented, you will enjoy working with little structure, and be motivated and able to drive change.
- Core to this role is the ability to think and work systematically and logically to realize results.
- With a sound understanding of business, your career experience will demonstrate proven technical skills and knowledge, including strong communication and negotiating skills.
- Experience of delivering any or all of the following types of projects:
- Migration of on-premises workloads across SharePoint, Exchange and Skype for Business to M365 Cloud
- M365 Tenant to Tenant migrations
- Employee Experience Platforms based on O365 SharePoint Online & MS Teams or other M365 based Intranet-in-a-Box type solutions
- Enablement of 10,000+ users on M365 services
- M365 Security & Compliance enablement for large organisations
- Applications and Solutions based on the Microsoft Power Platform service
Technical skills and knowledge
- Strong client management skills, gained through experience working with large Enterprise clients
- Strong governance and contract management experience
- Experience delivering agile projects and distributed delivery
- Ideally someone with consulting experience.
- Delivery experience on MS Modern Workplace projects and programmes.
- MS Fundamentals Certifications such as AZ-900 and MS-900 would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft platform technologies, will have some Microsoft Azure understanding (e.g. understand common components and how they are used).
- Communication – Excellent communication skills, capable and confident in CxO meetings, as well as talking to and managing highly technical people
- Process / Compliance – Highly process / quality driven, will drive compliance across teams and projects.
Your qualifications should include a Batchelor's degree in business or a technology-related field. Certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI), PMP is preferred, but not essential.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honours diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.