Modern Application Transformation Solution Architect
Area of expertise:
Our Applications & Infrastructure Solution Area is primarily focused on helping our clients realize the value of the cloud and in modernizing their approach to software and product development. Some of the ways that we engage with our clients include: working with our clients on cloud business cases, building enterprise ready cloud foundations, migrating and modernizing applications and re-imagining their application architectures. The successful candidate will have hands-on experience at the architect level with one or more of these activities, focused on utilizing non-Microsoft based technologies inside the Azure eco system.
As a pre-sales solution architect, your primary role will be to work with our business development teams, as well as offering leads and help drive solution shaping and proposal’s for prospective clients. The ideal candidate will have experience building and architecting solutions in a public cloud, with a focus on modernizing applications. A strong focus towards open frameworks and Azure is preferred.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Serve as the solution lead for new opportunities and direct large proposal efforts leading virtual teams and collaborating with local and global resources
- Understand client business needs and industry trends in depth to spark innovative thinking and develop trusted advisor relationships with client executives
- Work with the Business Development team to develop and execute selling strategies
- Proactively deliver strategic messages and roadmaps to new and existing clients
- Lead client workshops and requirements discovery sessions
- Provide qualification expertise to evaluate client business needs and align them based upon Avanade differentiators
- Provide solution fit assessment against client requirements
- Build relationships with opportunity channel partners to enable collaboration
- Support business value assessment and business case development
- 5+ years of experience in public cloud / application development, working with enterprise-level clients either in pre-sales or customer solution development
- Deep knowledge of custom application development, modern software engineering and agile delivery methodologies
- Delivery/implementation background is desirable
- Demonstrates ‘Customer Focus’, active listening and consultative approach
- Understands the concepts and applications of Microsoft technologies
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.