Modern Application Architect
Area of expertise:
As a Modern Application Architect, you'll be a part of our Applications and Infrastructure Solution Area and focusing on one of its core offerings, Modern Application Transformation.
In this role, you’ll be working with the offering lead and other team members to drive the overall strategy, performance, and growth of the Modern Application Transformation Offering. Serving as one of the “faces” of the offering internally and externally in your Region, support offering sales through delivery, including capability and capacity, and regional relationships with offering alliance partners, Microsoft, and Accenture.
We help our clients accelerate their business outcomes and digital transformations through building better software that takes full advantage of Microsoft Azure and modern, design-led agile development approaches utilizing the latest mobile, web, cloud-native architectures and open-source technologies.
In this role, you will manage a full spectrum: discovering, solutioning, proposing, realizing and overseeing effective delivery of new client opportunities. You will partner with Talent Community Leads and the Regional Capability Lead on resourcing and skill needs to maintain effective business operations and project outcomes, leveraging the Global Delivery Network (GDN) as needed, to prepare our organization for market changes.
- Architect and lead solutioning of client application transformations including modernization and cloud-native architectures within the Microsoft ecosystem
- Realize opportunities and mobilize delivery teams to deliver solutions which you have contributed to or lead
- Monitor, mentor, and lead teams to ensure effective delivery and client satisfaction
- Lead assessments of client applications and teams
- Partner with the global Center of Excellence (CoE) on offering and asset development
- Contribute to regional Communities of Practice (CoP) with thought leadership and fostering a culture of knowledge sharing and developing new modern application development practices and assets
- Travel as dictated by the business.
You revel in success, with a leadership track record in developing and growing long term, high value client relationships. You’re adept at communications, especially with influencing and negotiation capabilities that help you establish and grow solutions with key clients.
In addition, your professional skillset likely includes:
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organizations, including significant experience with off-shore teams and delivery
- Experience delivering solutions for client organizations through complex solutions / projects with heavy client interaction
- Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects
- A background in engineering applications using technologies from the Microsoft Ecosystem (Azure, .NET, Dynamics, etc)
- Experienced in modern application development practices and able to architect solutions including but not limited to modern engineering and devops practices
- Knowledge of development life cycles, quality assurance, and project management
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Effective at recruiting talented people, managing and influencing virtual teams, and developing leaders
- Strategic thinker about business issues across product areas and industries
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion effectively
Preferred Education or Certifications:
You likely possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You likely have more than 7 years of relevant technologies, consulting, and leading delivery teams. Also, about 5 years in contributing to and leading small-medium complexity solutions.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.