Microsoft Teams Engineer
Area of expertise:
Do you love living in the Cloud? So do we.
You’re committed to the Cloud and helping clients by spotting opportunities and giving them the tools and processes that will transform their business.
You’re a natural communicator and trusted technology advisor who wants to help shape your Cloud community. Your work enables people to get the very best out of the Cloud, and your great interpersonal and communication skills help technical and non-technical clients engage with often complex information.
About the job
As a Microsoft Teams Senior Consultant, you build modern and powerful applications, guiding your clients on the architecture and implementation of sophisticated software applications. You are focused on Unified Communications, Cloud and Infrastructure Services, Skype for Business On-Premises and Online, Teams, Voice solutions and Office365
Day to day, you will:
- Take part in all project phases – Plan, Analyse, Design, Build and Test
- Partner with the technology and design teams to turn strategies into solutions
- Create and adapt Infrastructure solutions
- Define projects’ documentation, including design, build and operations guides, as well as the management processes, procedures and toolsets
- Carry out integration and user testing
- Support your clients to transform their technology landscapes
- Work with global and offshore teams
- Guide and mentor less experienced colleagues
You are a skilled communicator, with good written and spoken English, who can convey sometimes complex information to technical and non-technical partners. You collaborate with your colleagues locally and globally to make full use of their knowledge and experience to develop effective strategies and solutions. You’ve got good understanding of business, too, and you understand the finances of a project.
You are likely to have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, Information Technology or similar. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be suitable. You also have at least two to four years of experience in building Skype for business, Teams, conferencing, voice and telephony systems.
We will help you attain your Microsoft certification in Teams within two years of starting with us.
Your skills and experience include:
- Deep knowledge of core Microsoft platforms, including Teams, Skype for business, Exchange online, Voice and telephony, Session Border Controls, Dial plans and auto attendant
- Infrastructure solutions (especially Microsoft), Cloud technologies, networking, data center operations, platform migration and enterprise directories
- Good understanding of Office 365 overall administration, Identity in cloud, business apps, SharePoint online and OneDrive for business
- Operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations.
- Hands on migrations experience from traditional Conferencing, voice and telephony systems to Teams and modern platforms (SBC on Azure, Microsoft calling plan and conferencing)
- Knowledge of application integration with Teams will be an asset
- Experience working with global teams.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.