Manager of Sales, Business Development (Tokyo)
Area of expertise:
- Apply and leverage Sales Process (DEEPR), Solution Selling and Account Management practices
- Lead and manage customer engagement opportunities from lead generation, to deal review, to negotiations and closing a deal
- Develop and execute Account Plans (utilizing the global standard account plan document)
- Develop strong customer relationships and drive acquisition of new customers, impacting the success of meeting our company revenue goals
- Leverage strategic partners (Microsoft and Accenture) and the Microsoft Business Solutions Organization
- Own proposal creation and delivery
- Engage Delivery in due time; during DEEPR's 'Realize' phase, effectively hands over to Delivery; follow through on achievements vs. sold contract
- For assigned accounts and/or territories, plan and manage sales performance, forecasting, revenue generation, and customer satisfaction
- Continuously manage customer satisfaction and follow through on opportunities to cross-sell
- Develop and maintain a proficient understanding of Avanade's offerings, as well as Microsoft and Accenture solutions and competitor's offerings
- Develop and maintain an opportunity pipeline through the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System including support for Area Opportunity Pipeline Management Meetings, Forecasting, Opportunity Management and Business and Technical Proposal reviews
- Support local marketing programs for brand development, market awareness, market positioning and market demand generation involving media, analysts and active participation in the IT community
- Strong customer interface and presentation skills, with a Customer Focus attitude
- Able to skillfully navigate through negotiation phases
- Able to act as a trusted advisor in addressing our customer's business needs
- Proficient Account Planning skills (utilizing the global standard account plan document)
- Knowledgeable of sales pipeline management and sales and revenue quotas
- Solid understanding of Avanade solutions, Microsoft products and technology services, Accenture-industry solutions and of competitive offerings
- Experience selling IT projects and solution selling
- Able to leverage network of inside and outside contacts to increase influence
- Experience selling outsourcing / managed services deals and/or other large-scale engagements that include significant offshore delivery.
- Experience leveraging offshore resources in deal pursuits.
- Experience working with customer teams to identify managed services opportunities, and working through the DEEPR process from lead generation to deal closings for managed services deals
- Nature of Work: Creates and implements work plans for assigned projects, programs, and/or clients against established operational objectives; supports translation of group strategy into objectives and work plans.
- Scope of Work: Provides operational leadership for large-scale, strategically critical work efforts requiring significant coordination.
- Complexity: Complex problems that span work domains and require continual alignment to internal and external business issues to deliver expected results across groups.
- Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work, including ability to reshape work plans, guided by professional best practices and domain expertise.
- Organizational Impact: Work efforts have significant impact on near- and medium-term Avanade and/or client operations. If client-facing, should contribute to client-relationship and sales outcomes.
- Supervision Received: Works independently, with occasional validation of work efforts against strategic and operational objectives. Significant latitude in judgment & approach.
- Supervision Provided: Mentors and manages work efforts of more junior colleagues and team members as required by various workstreams; may formally supervise work of project teams. If managing team(s) of more junior employees full-time, then refer to the People & Business Leadership leveling criteria. Often serves as Career Advisor.
- Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of learned occupation / discipline and strong business operational acumen.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.