Manager Cloud Engineering
Area of expertise:
Role Overview: As a Cloud Engineer or Architect, your focus is on defining and/or delivering modern infrastructure architectures for public and hybrid cloud solutions based on the Microsoft Azure cloud and the broader Microsoft technology stack.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day, your responsibilities include supporting presales, planning and design of the desired relationships and operating models across our client’s software, hardware, networks, people and operations, to effectively operate in a Cloud oriented environment. Additionally, you apply your expertise in technical and consulting knowledge to advise clients on proper governance to ensure stability, and to enable them to evolve their environments to support changing business requirements.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
• Cloud transformation and migration solutions, infrastructure solutions, cloud technologies, networking, data center operations, platform migration
• Consulting focused on infrastructure modernization and migration to Azure (IaaS/Paas)
• Infrastructure migration or data center migration
• Cloud automation
• Cloud Security
• Application modernization and containers
• Infrastructure as Code Experience (Terraform)
• Software Development basics (SCM, git, GitHub, Azure DevOps)
• Automation CI/CD basics (Jenkins, pipelines, Azure DevOps)
• Working in an agile software development team and having software development basic experience would be a nice to have
• Operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations
• Up-to-date knowledge of Microsoft products
• Ability to gain an understanding of customer process and issues, and communicate them back
• Ability to lead teams and work individually when needed
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working with global teams on projects
• Experience working with offshore teams to facilitate project work
• Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
• Technical and procedural documentation including designs.
• Effective at recruiting talented people, managing and influencing virtual teams, and developing leaders
• Monitor, mentor, and lead teams to overcome roadblocks and challenges and implement coordination
Preferred Certifications: The following certifications may be considered plus factors: Azure certifications, TOGAF, IASA, ITIL, and MTA. Project-management certifications (e.g., PMP, PRIN)
Preferred Education Background: You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Preferred Years of Work Experience: 5+ years prior related work experience, preferably in a technology or consulting environment.
Preferred Years of Management Experience: 3+ years of experience working with global teams.
Scope of Work: Provides operational leadership for work efforts requiring significant coordination.
Accountabilities & Metrics: Accountable for:
• Timeliness, accuracy and quality of team work
• Chargeability and training targets
• Project and annual goals
• Managing integration of collective work products to align with operational objectives and drive strategic execution
• People management responsibilities
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.