Legal Counsel, Global Offerings and Ecosystems (Remote)
Area of expertise:
- Provide end-to-end legal support to Avanade’s Global Solution Areas and Offering teams, from the development of new offerings, sub-offerings, incubators, platforms, software, business models and solutions for the delivery of offerings and services to clients, including pilots.
- Provide end-to-end legal support for Avanade’s Global Partner Ecosystem team and strategic partnerships, from relationship formation to the go-to-market activities and service delivery.
- Work with the Global Partner Ecosystems team to execute Avanade’s growth strategy driven by the company’s ecosystem of partnerships.
- Provide effective legal counseling for the partner formation process and the management of Avanade’s ecosystem of partnerships. Lead negotiations of global strategic partnership contracts, as well as master subcontracts and other arrangements with established global partners.
- Support the global process for resale of third-party products and services as part of the company’s offerings and solutions, with achievement of preferred accounting treatment in compliance with Avanade policies.
- Assess and evaluate strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and risks from intellectual property, contracting, compliance, and legal perspectives, working with stakeholders and colleagues across the company, to develop practical legal recommendations for an intelligent and balanced go-to market approach.
- Support contracting with client deal execution, reducing delays and friction in deal cycles, to enable sustainable growth and innovation.
- Develop and maintain contract templates, playbooks, tools, and training materials and provide overall guidance related to new global offerings and partner transactions worldwide.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the Avanade Legal Group on topics related to the company’s core offerings, solutions and partner ecosystem. Work with the parent Accenture to align applicable policies and best practices in different subject matters.
- Support post-merger integration activities for potential and completed acquisitions of practices involving Avanade partnerships.
- Actively participate in team-wide initiatives of the Avanade Legal Group and company-wide initiatives of Avanade and Accenture, including Diversity and Inclusion related initiatives.
- Degree in law. Strong academic credential. Admission in good standing with the applicable bar association(s).
- 5 to 8 years of experience as an attorney and with at least 2 years of experience working in a corporate legal department (experience in the technology industry is a plus).
- Deep knowledge of, or ability to understand relevant laws (including contract, commercial, information technology, intellectual property, data privacy, competition law and trade compliance laws) and also the business and work culture in a multinational company including those pertaining to compliance.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment, ability to prioritize and make decisions.
- Well-refined business perspective. Ability to work within a hierarchy and corporate multinational matrix both live and virtually across time zones.
- Ability to work as a member of a team in an intense, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with some supervision and to escalate issues in a timely manner for resolution.
- Disciplined, focused and dedicated to meeting high standards of excellence.
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines with short time frames and work under pressure.
- Experience in structuring, negotiating, drafting and reviewing complex technology arrangements.
- Strategic, proactive thinker.
- Positive, inclusive and collaborative style.
- Superior communication skills, particularly with respect to active listening to and integrating information from various sources quickly and communicating legal advice in a practical form in a business context.
- Up-to-date working knowledge of the Microsoft ecosystem, cloud computing and emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence are a plus.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, listening and speaking).
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.