Lead Architect, Journey to the Cloud
Area of expertise:
As the Cloud Lead & Architect for Retail, you will be responsible for technical leadership, vision, and strategy for the Avanade Communications, Media and Technology business, and, for driving innovation into our customer solutions to realize results.
You will be a leader of Avanade technology development and will promote new products and solutions to customers and industry leaders. You will be responsible for contributing to the long-term technology strategy and solution development for our portfolio of offerings within and across our solution areas. A prime metric is customer acquisition and increased relevancy to our current client base by driving technology centric thought leadership that will translate to sales. Additionally, you will help Avanade cultivate a customer-centric innovation culture and own communicating our technology vision to the press, analysts, and Avanade employees. A key component will be alignment with both Microsoft and Accenture and representing the Microsoft centric agenda on some of our largest accounts in the Retail Industry.
- Work closely with the top executives and partners to drive the technological strategy and direction of the organization that will lead to increased share or wallet with our clients and new client acquisition
- Actively support Executive Briefings, Solution Showcase, TechSummit, Call-n-Learns, Arch Roundtables, and Expert Network programs
- Contribute to thought leadership externally and internally - build and maintain strong relationship with technology community to position Avanade as a thought leader and promote Avanade's solutions
- Provide visible leadership for the company within the technology community and technology market
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive landscape
- Establish technical standards and ensure adherence to them for product development and company operations
- Build strong customer relationships with our clients key technical leadership in order to identify their requirements, influence their thinking, develop technical strategies, and manage their expectations
- As a key sales support function, promote new products and solutions across Avanade, Accenture and to global audiences - lead our concept to market process in CMT working with the broader organization and channels to market
- Provide leadership, organizational vision, and inspiration to the team through clear communication and execution of strategy and goals
- Build and manage employee organization for (structure and roles) that is relevant to the current market environment and sustainable so that future delivery capability needs can be met
- Promote continuous knowledge sharing and re-use of best practices globally
- eCommerce on Azure Leadership:
- Build Azure powered eCommerce architectural patterns demonstrating the ecosystem integration, software scalability and reliability
- Lead the authoring of content (blogs, whitepapers, conference sessions) evangelizing these patterns
- Uplift our talented Software Engineers in successfully engaging and delivering eCommerce solutions
- Support account teams with engaging clients in their approach, sale, & delivery of eCommerce workloads on Azure
- Foster a strong partner community for surround solutions viewed as strategically important in the eCommerce space
- Retail Industry Leadership:
- Participate in Retail Industry working groups as one of the Azure leaders, including representing AMDM
- Engage partner organizations that are delivery or channel partners in the retails space
- Provide thought leadership through to Industry Cloud working teams
Your Technical & Non-Technical Skills Include
- Executive level experience in growing and leading a medium to large scale, profitable technology services business, preferably within an international and virtual environment
- Excellent personal leadership and communication skills
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership experience (leader of organizations of 50+) people
- Leading a high growth, highly demanding, 'best people' environment
- Consulting/project-based background, including implementing large, complex projects
- Experience in assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale and complex consulting projects
- Track record in developing and growing long term, high value customer relationships at executive level
- Specific knowledge of the Microsoft product line and software development preferred
- Ability to guide and direct leadership teams in development, production, and promotion of solution offerings
- Demonstrated understanding of delivery methodologies (e.g. Avanade Connected Methods, Microsoft Solutions Framework, Accenture Delivery Methods)
- Experience "turning around" projects that initially had significant delivery issues
- Demonstrated expertise mentoring executive level personnel
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or relevant field or equivalent work experience
Scope of Work
- Collaboratively sets strategic objectives with other leaders as they deliver against strategic plans; monitors operational effectiveness and intervenes to increase likelihood of success
- Leads strategic client pursuits from a technical perspective and helps shape sales strategies with the CMT Leadership Team and our sales channel teams
- Translates high-level strategy into more localized strategy and operational objectives for large-scale and strategically-critical workstreams
- Increasing our relevancy to both our clients directly and also our major channels to market in terms of Microsoft and Accenture
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.