Junior Sales Lead - Microsoft Technology
Area of expertise:
As a Junior Sales Lead, you will be responsible for managing and running the entire sales cycle. You will drive new and incremental revenue by prospecting, acquiring, and developing new and expanding business with direct clients. You will build a pipeline for growth and closing business, including statements of work and contracts. You will interact with new and current clients, gather referrals from them and form strong trust relationships that open doors and close deals. You will maintain an extensive knowledge of current market conditions, competitive offerings and current penetration of services and solutions.
You will be responsible for working in our direct channel and have a demonstrable and proven track record in new business experience, in white space accounts and preferably working in Technology sales and or with Microsoft technology. With previous services sales experience and a flair for closing deals, you will thrive working with colleagues in a wider team using innovation and exciting customers with your enthusiasm. You will learn about and sell high value solutions across the full Microsoft stack services from advisory services, system integration, to managed services.
You will have the opportunity to be able to support, shape and grow our Irish business within a global business; one who is also the Microsoft® #1 Partner globally and Ireland Country Partner of the Year.
- Identify new sales opportunities across key channels to increase sales volume.
- Assist management in devising sales plans and strategies.
- Sell a portfolio of Avanade and/or third-party software products directly to end-user organizations.
- Learn about and master the sale of key technologies in the Microsoft stack including Apps & Infra; Modern Workplace; Data & AI and Security.
- Generate sales and drive revenue, typically in low-to-medium risk and return sales activities.
- Lead and or collaborate with senior sales colleagues for new customer relationships.
- Prospect, acquire, develop and expand business leads.
- Support the wider Account Leadership team when required and Leadership on specific opportunities.
- Achieve short- and long-term sales growth by increasing cross selling activities within existing and new accounts.
- Be accountable for an individual sales target.
- Be accountable and have experience managing the full sales life cycle from origination of opportunities through to contracting and closure.
You have up to 3 years selling solutions preferably in the technology sector and or you will have knowledge and experience of the Microsoft eco-system and the managed service landscape within Europe.
Proactive and practical, you will be adept at assessing customer requirements, and selecting appropriate methods to fulfil them leveraging sales leadership and the Solution Area leads and specialists across the UKI business. You will have experience at setting priorities, establishing a systematic plan to ensure successful completion, and allocating time and resources effectively. Inside and outside Avanade, your social skills will enable you to use your network to facilitate, develop and influence.
Good customer interface and presentation skills are needed in this role, together with a mind-set of customer service. You will be confident acting as trusted adviser when dealing with customers’ business needs. Experience selling the Microsoft stack is a significant advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with sales pipeline management, and sales and revenue quotas.
- Able to navigate through negotiation phases across all levels.
- Able to act as a trusted adviser in addressing our customer's business needs.
- Account Planning skills (utilizing the global standard account plan document).
- Understanding of Avanade solutions, Microsoft products and technology services and of competitive offerings.
: Bachelor's degree in business, sales or marketing recommended; advanced degree (M.B.A. or equivalent) preferred
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.