Junior Project Manager | Delivery Management
Area of expertise:
For our offices in Milan, Rome, Padua and Bologna, we are looking for Junior Project Manager, who will lead project teams and will be accountable for the overall management, planning, and delivery of assigned projects.
In this role, you will be supporting Sr Program Manager and Sr Delivery Lead in successful delivery of the services and corresponding customer satisfaction. Additionally, this role will actively support sales, estimating, planning, mobilisation, execution, and closure of Transformation deals either on infrastructure or on web/mobile complex application delivery. Along with project life cycle, you will communicate status with regular frequency, manage risks and issues as well as monitor financial performance according to in-place agreements made between Avanade and the customer.
- Support Sr DL in the delivery of the contracted solution on the project level at the agreed upon terms, original deal economics, schedule, and quality level;
- Contribute in manage overall project risks, as necessary and obtaining buy-in from Senior Management for crucial project plans;
- Oversee development, implementation and maintenance of the Project Work Plan, including approval for the project's estimated schedule, effort;
- Manage accurate development and traceability of requirements during project lifecycle;
- As appropriate, support Sr DL in clients management, driving their change enablement processes to business value;
- Ensure understanding of stakeholder goals and expectations, addressing misalignments, monitoring the project to meet/exceed the agreed expectations and communicating back to customer;
- Provide oversight to lead onshore, offshore and near shore workforces, as well as to manage relationships with project suppliers and subcontractors;
* Minimum 4 years of proven experience in IT Project Management Support roles or similar, coordinating small/medium team of internal and/or external resources, with exposure to customer and ability to document, communicate and monitor IT projects;
* Proven experience in using project management methods, tools and techniques;
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, able to self-integrate as a manager of a very strong and well-bonded team, while leading new challenges and growth opportunities;
* Team player, willing to connect with other people and to focus on developing and nurturing long lasting relationships;
* Experience working within a Digital System Integrator/IT Consultancy Firm;
* BSc/MSc Degree in Economics/Business Management and/or Tech-related field (or equivalent);
* Full proficiency in English, both spoken and written;
Your added value.
- Understanding of contract terms and interpretation;
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Reporting;
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Certification or others such as Agile/SCRUM, ITIL;
- Expertise on Microsoft Projects and/or Microsoft platform technologies;
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.