Area of expertise:
A Senior Application Developer is a critical member of the Solution Architecture and Development Team. In this role, he/she will be a full-stack application developer and will develop end-to-end features to support critical initiatives in a fast-paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure. As a Senior Application Developer you will be responsible for every aspect of the software development lifecycle, including software architecture design, front-end development, system integration, back-end development, automation testing, software deployment leveraging continuous integration tools, and monitoring to ensure high availability and resiliency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop highly available, resilient, and secure applications with a cloud-native approach, deployed into a public cloud infrastructure.
- Strong experience with modern development principles including DevOps, Microservices, Cloud, Automation Frameworks, Enterprise Integration/API
- Breadth of experience across Development, Infrastructure, Networking, Security, Database, and Storage.
- Partner and collaborate with key stakeholders across the enterprise including solution management, security, and operations to ensure alignment throughout the solution development pipeline.
- Apply Agile/Lean principles and a continuous improvement mentality to every aspect of solution development
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a full stack developer
- 2+ years of experience developing Cloud-native applications and running workloads in Microsoft Azure
- Extensive experience with application development technologies: Java, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Linux, Tomcat, Jackson/JSON
- Extensive experience with DevOps concepts and technologies: CI/CD, Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Expert understanding of database and storage technologies and concepts: relational DB, NoSQL, Object Storage, Data Lake
- Experience with messaging technologies such as Azure Event Hubs, Azure Service Bus, Kafka, gRPC
- Experience with modern distributed source code management systems such as Git / GitHub
Preferred Technical Expertise:
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM) experience with regulated content
- Experience with front-end development technologies such as Angular, React, Vue
- Azure development experience, including Microsoft Azure Developer or Azure Solutions Architect certification
- Experience with commonly used scripting languages (e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Python)
- Feature test automation experience with technologies such as Selenium, Ruby, Cucumber
- Experience with modern engineering practices such as TDD, Refactoring, Pair Programming
- Experience with Cache technologies such as Redis, Memcached
- Experience with Veracode
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.