IoT & Intelligent Edge Solution Architect
Area of expertise:
As a part of the Data & Applied Intelligence (AI) Solution Area, in a highly visible IoT & Intelligent Edge Solution Architect role, you will leverage a client-centric approach to translating our client’s business strategy into solutions and services that lead to a successful business outcomes.
The IoT & Intelligent Edge Solution Architect role is critical in influencing and defining Avanade’s Digital Operations and IoT strategy in a rapidly shifting and challenging ecosystem of things, analytics rules, and actions across a diverse set of industry scenarios. This role’s primary responsibility will be to work with Avanade‘s Data & AI leadership and field teams to identify market opportunities where a mix of Microsoft technologies such as Azure IoT & Intelligent Edge Platform Services and other solutions solve our clients’ most pressing business challenges.
You will be an experienced, passionate, and client-centric IoT & Intelligent Edge Solution Architect, and will drive client roadmaps, program building, incorporating intelligent processes into existing business processes and solution planning as a member of the Energy & Resources Hub in Perth, WA. You will leverage a portfolio of solutions that includes, but is not limited to, diverse IoT and asset-related data and advanced analytics capabilities, such as data engineering, data modeling, machine learning, cognitive services (NLP, Computer Vision, etc.), and data visualization that is powered by Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics services.
Within a Highly Collaborative and Entrepreneurial Environment, You Will:
· Originate, develop, and grow exceptional internal and external client relationships.
· Be known for your “client-centric” approach and delivery excellence.
· Lead and partner across our global landscape to identify priority accounts and premier bids where our IoT & Intelligent Edge offerings (aligned to Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics services) can deliver tangible value to our clients in the Energy & Resources industry.
· Develop overall solution plans and strategic vision for the proposed solutions, providing a comprehensive roadmap aligned to clients’ business needs, including elements such as use case(s) definition, business case, user experience design, business process flows, functional data flow, data catalogs, technical data flows, cloud consumption estimates, delivery approach, resources plan, risks, assumptions, dependencies, etc.
· Build, leverage, and maintain successful industry partnerships with our parent companies (Accenture and Microsoft), with a goal of increasing Avanade market share in a collaborative model.
· Drive Avanade Digital Operations and IoT offerings in the market, effectively positioning those offerings with sales teams, channels, and target clients.
· Engage with clients’ leadership and technology teams in strategic discussions to provide outstanding technical strategy and industry guidance to improve their long-term business goals.
· Lead quality assurance (QA) activities from design to implementation phase of the proposed Digital Operations and IoT solutions.
· Provide technical leadership as a member of the Analytics Practice in areas such as IoT architecture, data access & ingestion, data processing, data modeling, OT & IT systems integration, operational data platforms design & implementation, data visualization, and advanced analytics.
· Establish relationships with Solution Architects in other parts of the business within Avanade and Accenture and collaborate on designing standard methodologies across the company.
Experience Required for Success:
· Track record of developing and growing exceptional client relationships with a reputation for delivering a "best in class" end-to-end client experience.
· A passion for driving business technology solutions.
· Demonstrated people leadership, “leading by influence”, and effective peer teaming expertise in large, multinational organizations with globally distributed teams.
· Experience with the decision-making process and policies involved in a large and highly complex matrixed organization.
· Experience assessing and managing the opportunities and risks associated with large scale complex services & consulting engagements.
· Knowledge and understanding of industry-standard business practices.
· Demonstrated experience of turning business use cases and requirements into technical solutions.
· Applied experience in designing and solutioning programs and system integration projects that include Modern Data Platforms, IoT, AI, and Advanced Analytics solutions (preferably based on Azure PaaS & SaaS), having worked in a business consulting (technology focus) environment or a combination of experience and relevant education.
· Solid understanding of the value proposition(s) associated with Intelligent Edge and IoT, AI, PaaS & SaaS, and DevOps, including business processing mapping of Data & Analytics solutions.
· Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloging, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flows (data pipelines).
· Ability to apply methods to solve business problems using one or more Azure IoT and Data & Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams and systems integration between IT and OT systems.
· Ability to explain complex analytical methodologies and concepts in non-technical language.
· Knowledge of Lambda and Kappa architecture patterns, Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes as well as DevOps processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals.
· 10 years of experience with a proven record of successfully conceptualizing, designing, and delivering various complex custom-build solutions in production in various roles/capacities on the delivery and sales team. Experience with cloud and related development technologies.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree a plus.
· Experience with building mission-critical, enterprise-ready IoT and Digital Operations solutions.
· Experience in Data and Analytics related to IoT solutions.
· Experience in solutions related to enterprise use of Digital Operations and IoT technologies in support of IT and OT infrastructure or applications.
Benefits of being an Avanade Employee
• Additional 5 days personal Leave + Opportunity to purchase extra annual leave
• Wellbeing & Gadget Allowance
• Flexible working arrangements
• Generous parental leave
• Corporate private health insurance discounts
• Up to 80 hours of training per year
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.