Intern, UX/UI Designer - IT Ops
Area of expertise:
At Avanade, together we go beyond...
The UX/UI Design Analyst at Avanade is responsible for conducting research to gather user needs and goals, identifying key behavior changes and actions to be enabled through technology, producing visual and interaction designs as well as prototypes based on available technology, conducting user testing and A/B testing to confirm design decisions and working with Business Analysts to translate the designs into requirements to be delivered by technical teams.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Participate in a design team working to shape changes to or new solutions to meet business and user needs, often starting with “art of the possible” workshops
- Gather information on possible technical capabilities/platforms using that knowledge to influence designs
- Leverage UX/UI methods and tools to conduct research, design, prototype and test designs
- Share design iterations with business stakeholders and users and refine based on feedback
- Assist in translating final designs to developers
- Participate in sprint showcases to keep the delivery aligned with the design direction and decisions.
You are a results-oriented self-starter with attention to detail. You are a fast-learner and a creative thinker. You can drive change in unstructured environments. You can think and work systematically and logically. You are excited about working with a global technology leader to solve business-critical problems for some of the top companies in the world. You are passionate about software and its potential to move organizations forward through innovation.
- UX/UI Design Skills
- Strong networking and relationship building ability
- Experience identifying and resolving issues independently (e.g. troubleshooting)
- Possess a customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Consistent delivery and follow through on commitments
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Access, MS SharePoint, MS Teams and UX/UI Design tools
- Great organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with business stakeholders
- College Junior-standing, with target graduation date between May 2021 and June 2022 pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, or similar degree in technology
Your technical skill set likely includes the following:
- Working knowledge of UX/UI Design methodologies (luma, etc)
- Working knowledge of UX/UI tools (Sketch, Figma, Adobe, etc.)
- Some knowledge of Social Collaboration tools
- Demonstrated ability to think and work systematically and logically
- Clear and concise oral and written communication
- Results oriented / self-directed ability to drive change in unstructured environment
- Good internal client interface and presentation skills
- Business acumen
- Time management skills
- Customer oriented attitude and good interpersonal skills
Since you are a Colorado candidate, pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, we are providing you with salary and benefits information. The expected salary for this role is $20 hourly. Information on benefits offered can be found here:
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.