Intern, Software Engineer- West
Area of expertise:
Do you want to put companies back in control of their code? So do we.
You take the best from open-source applications to create bespoke solutions that are both creative and agile. Cutting edge, high profile, game changing work - just another day as a Software Engineer Intern.
You know how the right software solutions can help businesses do more with less effort. You know code inside out and enjoy putting innovation to work in real applications and getting real results.
Avanade’s North American Internship Program was created for one purpose: revolutionize the way we design and deliver engaging, connected experiences for our clients and their customers. Through the combination of creative and technology expertise, our digital interns will spend their time creating never before-seen, radical and exciting solutions to our clients’ biggest business challenges. If you’re interested in having an impact on tomorrow’s digital landscape, then let us know who you are, what you do, and why we’d be crazy not to bring you onboard.
During our 10-week summer (June-August) internship program, you will have the opportunity to experience our culture, build your network and apply your education, while gaining real-world experience. You’ll spend your summer tackling a variety of roles with some fun along the way. The experience only lasts the summer but will open a lifetime of opportunity.
Responsibilities may include:
- Develop and deliver detailed IT solutions through consulting project activities
- Bring interpersonal and technical skills to engagements
- Proactively identify problems, system architecture definition
- Design, and recommend implementation
- Quality assurance (QA) testing
- College Junior-standing, with target graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023
- Pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in a technology-related discipline
- Major GPA of a 3.0 or above
- Creative mind and collaborative spirit
Your skillset and experience likely include:
- Passion for technology
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Ability to excel in a collaborative, project-based work environment
- Proven leadership experience in an academic, extra-curricular or professional setting
- Previous work, internship or co-op experience, preferably with customer-facing responsibilities
- Strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to think on your feet
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
You likely have exposure to or are familiar with:
- Requirements gathering methods and tools.
- Software development, implementation lifecycle, and DevOps tooling
- Programming using C#, C++, or Java
- SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, or other relational database management systems
- Functional knowledge of a development methodology
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.