Intern, IT Business Analyst
Area of expertise:
At Avanade, together we go beyond...
The IT Business Analyst at Avanade is responsible for understanding the overall scope, goals and design of existing IT capabilities, understanding how Avanade uses the solutions (data and transactions as well as reporting/dashboards), and developing strong working relationships with business stakeholders and super users.
For existing solutions, you will work with business stakeholders to understand their needs and help determine the solution to meet those needs partnering with the platform/tool experts. You will own coordination of testing with the business as well as with upstream and downstream applications as changes or new features/capabilities.
Day-to-day, you will:
Participate in project delivery – focusing on understanding business problems and needs, identifying possible solutions to address the problem/need, focusing on the experience design and maintaining focus on the user, developing user stories to communicate that design to the delivery team, facilitate sprint showcases, and testing and data validation.
Understand processes/transactions, data and how they are used and flow into and out of technical solutions.
Liaison with business stakeholders to understand new programs and their impact on existing capabilities and downstream systems – helping to shape capability roadmaps.
Attend recurring solution and business stakeholder calls
Partner with other ITS teams as needed for new capabilities/solutions and understand dependencies across the ITS landscape.
You are a results-oriented self-starter with attention to detail. You are a fast-learner and a creative thinker. You can drive change in unstructured environments. You can think and work systematically and logically. You are excited about working with a global technology leader to solve business-critical problems for some of the top companies in the world. You are passionate about software and its potential to move organizations forward through innovation.
- Savvy analytic and problem-solving skills
- Experience Design Skills
- Strong networking ability
- Experience identifying and resolving issues independently (e.g. troubleshooting)
- Possess a customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Consistent delivery and follow through on commitments
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Access, MS SharePoint
- Great organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to effectively communicate information to both technical and non-technical with stakeholders
- College Junior-standing, with target graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022 pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, or similar degree in technology
Your technical skill set likely includes the following:
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies (Agile)
- Some knowledge of Office 365 and SharePoint
- Experience in business analysis and requirements gathering and management
- Some knowledge of Social Collaboration tools
- Demonstrated ability to think and work systematically and logically
- Clear and concise oral and written communication
- Results oriented / self-directed ability to drive change in unstructured environment
- Good internal client interface and presentation skills
- Business acumen
- Time management skills
- Customer oriented attitude and good interpersonal skills
Since you are a Colorado candidate, pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, we are providing you with salary and benefits information. The expected salary for this role is $20 hourly. Information on benefits offered can be found here:
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.