Intern, Global Security Technology & Operations
Area of expertise:
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Microsoft Information Protection
- Office 365 Security
- Windows 10 Security
- Defender for Endpoint
- Defender for Identity
- Defender for O365
- Triaging, investigating, and resolving incidents out of the security incidents ticketing queue
- Actively support critical Security processes and disciplines such as security governance, vulnerability scanning, and incident response
- Monitor events and multiple technologies and communication channels using Security Information and Event Management tools to detect Security incidents
- Assist in updating Security policies and procedures documentation
- Promote and maintain the Security Awareness Training program
- Develop/Updated incident response playbooks and red team exercises
- Work with the business and various teams to support ongoing security initiatives
- Provide security instruction for new projects to ensure policies are carried out and security methodologies are followed
- Assist in preparing and documenting standard operating procedures and protocols
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Understanding or experience of traditional security controls and technologies, such as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
- Understanding of Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Antivirus and Firewalls, in addition to Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
- Understanding of cloud computing technologies, including SaaS/PaaS/IaaS as well as public, private and hybrid environments
- Basic network services (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSH, SMB, and DNS), where they reside on the OSI model, and how they technically function to provide basic connectivity to a system
- Ability to learn and use leading security technologies
- Ability to work in large or small groups, or remotely with oversight from your manager.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize; Ability to work under pressure and meet tight timelines.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of Cybersecurity frameworks such as NIST, ISO, etc.
- CompTIA Security + certification is preferred
- Computer Operating System knowledge (Windows and/or MAC)
- Computer hardware knowledge
- Familiar with National Vulnerability Database postings that affect product security
- Familiar with Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing and Exploitation Tools
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.