Area of expertise:
Do you know how to stop a sophisticated cyber threat? So do we.
Fortune 500 companies don’t need more cybersecurity: they need better cybersecurity. That’s where you come in. Working with us, you can help to protect some of the world’s biggest companies and keep their assets safe and secure.
Your critical part in this role
You recognize cybersecurity is the management of cyber risk associated with people, process, technology, and data. You understand the risks businesses face and how to use the Microsoft Ecosystem to design “Zero Trust - Identity and Data-Centric” solutions that will mitigate these risks and ensure compliance. You’re an astute advisor on Security Transformation, Security Strategy, and Security Operations (SOC). As a Cyber Security Consultant, you can effectively lead technical and non-technical teams.
You work as part of the team to
- Carry out threat and risk assessments and develop security architecture to mitigate threats.
- Advise clients on the security implications of compliance and regulations such as OSFI, ISO, NIST, PCI, PIPEDA, GDPR, etc.
- Be the “Trusted Advisor” on best practices to protect information.
- Actively lead multiple engagements simultaneously and seamlessly.
- Mentor junior consultants.
- Actively seek and nurture opportunities for business development.
- Contribute to RFPs, scope security programs, and assist in closing sales opportunities.
- Actively participate in the development of cybersecurity offerings.
You’re passionate about understanding or discovering security vulnerabilities and aspire to be the “Trusted Advisor.” You know all about identifying, providing, and validating the security requirements of IT solutions, and you’ve done this in a consulting environment. You’re a skilled communicator who can effectively articulate cybersecurity risks to technical and non-technical audiences.
You probably have a Bachelor’s degree in technical disciplines such as (Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, etc.) and preferably, a Master’s degree in Science, Engineering, or Business. You should have several years (6 plus) of consulting experience in systems and infrastructure engineering, focused on Cybersecurity.
Your skills and experience include
- Methods and identification tools for risks and security threats.
- Having knowledge of information security standards (OSFI, ISO, NIST, PCI, PIPEDA, GDPR etc.)
- Being proficiency in operating systems, database platforms, web technologies, firewalls, and programming languages
- Having excellent communication skills in written and oral English and a Scandinavian language.
- Giving effective advice in large-scale technology projects while working at all levels - with clients and your team.
Strong technical skills to design and implement Azure Security services with hands-on experience on several, but not all, of the items outlined below:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Azure Security Engineer (AZ-500)
- GIAC Certified
Don't see the exact right opening for you right now? Send us your information at Candidate Community and we can stay in touch and let you know when such a position does come available. Follow us on Avanade Norway LinkedIn, we post all our openings there.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.