Information Protection Security Engineer
Area of expertise:
Microsoft Information Protection Engineer Role Description:
Proven experience with information and data protection technologies – unified labeling, encryption, key management, data loss prevention as well as architectures and programs for Governance, Risk and Compliance such as Insider Risk Management and eDiscovery.
- Lead the Architecture and High-Level Design Workshops for Microsoft Information Protection (MIP), including integration into the existing technology landscape
- Give practical advice in large-scale technology project while working at all levels – both client and third-party vendor teams
- Develop a technical security design to guide the company in the implementation and configuration of MIP
- Obtain and maintain buy-in from client stakeholders on the proposed design
- Provide oversight and act as the subject-matter expert on the design, build, and implementation of MIP
- Assist with the production deployment of MIP and use case validation
- Experience with design and implementation of MIP supporting a large enterprise
- 5+ years of experience in an IT role with at least 3+ years of information security experience
- Strong analytical skills – gather security and business requirements, analyze, and determine technical requirements
- Strong technical skills – design and implement MIP, including labeling, classification, and integration with cloud-based data sources
- MIP requirements:
- Conduct client workshops to review unified labeling (UL) and any existing classifications and policies
- Create a detailed design along with any execution requirements, procedures
- Document UL classifications and policies (mains and sub-labels) based on client business data classification
- Develop a roadmap (3/6/12 months) for MIP deployment in the enterprise
- Good hands-on experience with other integration services; namely, Microsoft Data Loss Prevention, Microsoft Cloud App Security, eDiscovery, and retention policies
- Experience monitoring systems for security breaches or intrusions
- Able to lead technical and forensic investigations and lead incident response activities to minimize impact
- Ability to conduct scans of networks and systems for vulnerabilities
- Ability to work in a dynamic team, including liaising with multiple vendors
- Ability to work independently (self-driven) and collaboratively when needed
- Proven experience with security architecture
- Ability to work productively while remote and communicate effectively in a virtual team environment
- Strong verbal and written skills enabling direct contact with client stakeholders
- Practical enterprise customer experience with configuration and implementation of other industry information protection tools - Egnyte, CloudGuard and compliance solutions - Symantec, McAfee, Proofpoint, Digital Guardian, Titus, Boldon James
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, IT engineering, or related field
- Prior work experience in the Life Sciences or Financial Services sector
- Knowledge of compliance, policy, and control requirements for life science (HIPAA, PHI, etc.) or Financial Services (PCI, NYDFS, etc.)
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.