Inclusion and Diversity Lead, Global Solution Area and Advisory
Area of expertise:
Together we go beyond.
At Avanade, we believe in making a genuine human impact in everything we do. We transform businesses, uncover ways technology can improve the way we work and live, and change the world for the better. All this through the power of our people and cutting-edge Microsoft technology. If you want to take your career where your attitude and ambition are rewarded with opportunity, there’s no place better.
As the Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) Lead for GSA/Advisory and Growth Office, you will partner with leaders, and a variety of stakeholder groups, to ensure I&D is at the forefront of all Avanade processes, decisions, teams, and ways of doing business. This role will work closely with HR, such as Talent Acquisition, Leadership and Development, Learning, Talent Management, and Business HR, on all people initiatives to create and sustain “moments that matter” for our employees.
The three focus areas will be:
- Help increase representation: Focus on supporting and driving formal accountability for activities which will accelerate progress on workforce diversity in the GSA/Advisory/Growth Office businesses – all of which should be made visible in business reviews and measured regularly at all functional levels.
- Support the acceleration of employee development: Partner with Business HR/L&D/Talent Management to ensure optimal access to career/personal development (coaching, mentoring, development programs or any other offering) for under-represented groups, and track/ report on regularly.
- Support creating an Inclusive Culture: Accountable for bringing Inclusion and Belonging, including empathy and awareness, into the regular cadence of the business.
Specifics of the role will include:
- Providing strategic thought leadership driving I&D plans in alignment with the global strategy
- Advising, mentoring/coaching all levels of leadership to build cultural competence and inclusive leadership skills to further unlock employee engagement capabilities
- Offering consultative support to area and regional I&D councils
- Driving accountability by measuring and analyzing results, highlighting areas of strength and areas of improvement and identify action steps to remedy
- Providing consultative support to identify opportunities, interventions, and initiatives for improvement.
- Driving cultural change in support of Avanade's ability to attract and retain world-class diverse talent
- Experience and credibility as a leader in an environment where the ability to influence, work across a complex matrix, and build relationships is critical
- Strong technology business acumen, project management skills, successful teaming with colleagues
- Results focused and resourceful leader who is capable of quickly taking control of his/her responsibilities and establishing himself/herself as a credible strategic partner and is proactive in providing solutions, resolving issues, and overcoming hurdles to results
- Highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas, concepts, and proposals to engage team, peers, and leadership
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy and improvement opportunities
- Strong interpersonal awareness and skills with emphasis on empathy, supportiveness, ability to have uncomfortable conversations, listen, and act.
- Possesses a keen understanding and awareness of his/her own diversity and how it impacts and influences their role
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and ambiguity,
- Since this is a Global role, able to work in various time zones, and work well with those from various backgrounds and cultures
- You may have 3+ years of experience working in the Inclusion and Diversity field
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.