ITS Analytics Delivery Lead
Area of expertise:
Do you enjoy turning data into insights, helping answer difficult questions, enhance business operations and decisions? Do you always deliver what you have promised? So do we.
At the heart of every great technology solution is great management, always making sure that the project delivers what it was set out to do and matches expectations. Avanade’s Information Technology Services, Intelligent Enterprise team is looking for a Delivery Lead to work as the interface between our internal business partners (HR, Finance, Marketing, Sales, etc.) and a team of talented Analytics Engineers. As the Analytics Delivery Lead, you will manage Data, Analytics and Machine Learning projects following standard project management practices including gathering and defining project requirements. You will balance workloads, provide work direction and guidance to the Analytics Engineering team, including scheduling, assignment of work and evaluation of project efforts as well as removal or mitigation of roadblocks that may hinder project success.
Projects currently in the pipeline include Machine Learning initiatives for automation and operational predictions, enterprise data platform improvements to democratize data and decision making, model development for enterprise business intelligence, existing model modernization and enhancements.
You are focused on delivering innovative analytics work. You are well versed in Agile methodologies and have a track record for successful project delivery. You are comfortable looking after several projects at once, and not afraid to ask for what you and the team needs. You are looking for a position wherein you can meaningfully contribute today, with career growth potential for tomorrow.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Manage the execution of multiple medium to large analytics projects being involved in all lifecycle aspects from ideation and shaping to implementation
- Partner with critical functional leaders to fully understand their requirements and desired business outcomes, capture use cases, then in consultation with the engineers, develop a backlog and gameplan for delivery including solution blueprints, project plans and schedules
- Run daily standups and conduct sprint planning session keeping a clean and easily communicable backlog (in Azure DevOps) managing the team workload and providing prioritization guidance
- Balance scope, schedule, budget, quality and risks for delivery within timelines and expected outcomes
- Plan and execute design thinking sessions
- Identify and help implement change enablement activities
- Partner with Analytics Engineering Manager and portfolio director to set and work towards strategic and long-term goals
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record in managing Data/Analytics/ML projects or products including planning, implementation and maintenance
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile principles and how ideally should be applied in data analytics projects having delivered Data/Analytics/ML initiatives with using Agile. You have worked with one of the application development management tools like Azure DevOps (preferred) or JIRA.
- Foundational knowledge of data marts, data relationship concepts and ML (business level)
- Experience with visualization and business intelligence tools (Power BI preferred)
- Abstraction laddering
- An analytical thinker looking for an opportunity to own data analytics projects from beginning to end, with a focus on driving better results for the business
- Consulting experience delivering business technology solutions to clients is preferred
- An excellent communicator and a natural team player; curious and inquisitive and excited to gain deep knowledge of every functional area
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technology-related field
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.