IT Operating Model Lead, Workplace Advisory
Area of expertise:
Employee experience has quickly become as important as customer experience to virtually every business globally. Moreover, the new workplace era requires that organisations carefully rethink who works, why they work, where they work, and the way work is accomplished.
The ability to adopt new technology and ways of working is often constrained by the client’s ability to modernise, mature and adapt their service management capability and IT operating model. Avanade provides targeted advisory services to help the client transition to modern practices and organisational models to support adoption of new technology and achieve their business goals.
At Avanade, our clients trust us to bring more than digitization and remote-working tools. We deliver an integrated approach combining culture, business operations, and digital solutions to assist clients create a market advantage, maintain productivity, and shift to a digital culture.
We believe in making a genuine human impact in everything we do. We help our clients transform their businesses, uncover new ways of work, and change the world for the better. Avanade is a diverse community and we are proud of our culture that welcomes every individual. In our team you’ll find talented strategists, creatives, consultants, change makers, technologists, and more.
About the Role
In the Workplace Advisory practice, you will be an integral part of growing a transformative line of business. You will provide business management advisory and implementation insights and services that help clients realize meaningful business growth through workplace and employee experience transformation.
As the Workplace Advisory and Service Management and Operating Model discipline lead, we’ll look to you to advance our knowledge in the service management and IT operating model area, as well as our clients’ enablement of digital tools, talent and operations.
Your experience may include:
- Service management across the whole spectrum of ITIL functions and processes
- Operational and practical experience of running service management functions that enable you to speak with authority and demonstrate empathy for and understanding of client operations and service delivery
- Working with clients to understand or define objectives and priorities around improving efficiency, adopting new technology, accommodating new ways of working
- Conducting a current state assessment and define transition state models to take the organisation towards the Blueprint model
- Understanding new ways of working, managing outsourcers, integrating and coexisting with DevOps, Evergreen, Agile, Waterfall, Cloud delivery and increased automation of deployment and controls
- Knowledge and experience of typical tooling used in the industry, such as monitoring, planning, deployment, ticketing, DevOps
- Designing and implementing a governance system to ensure a coordinated approach to target operating model implementation
- Leading the development of all operating model artefacts including organisation structures, process taxonomies decision rights (including RACI models), governance structures, capability maps, organisation designs and role profiles
- Explaining complex technologies and concepts in a non-technical language
- Understanding and supporting the procurement cycle
All candidates will have
- Experience delivering against utilisation and/or sales metrics
- Very strong, executive level communication skills
- Ability to develop and mentor others
- Earned a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree or MBA is strongly preferred
- Industry knowledge covering two or more of the following: Banking, Insurance, Products, Retail, Energy, Utilities, Health and Public Sector
- Well-versed in new technology-enablement and transformation leadership to help clients assess, build, transform and operationalize new capabilities
- Understanding of the Microsoft technology eco-system and how it can be used to transform businesses
Additional responsibilities for leaders
- Develop and grow the Workplace Advisory practice at a regional or area level
- Work with or lead account teams to shape, sell and oversee delivery of propositions that address challenges in employee and workplace experience strategy and transformation
- Support the identification, development, selling and implementation of new and tailored workplace experience offerings and propositions
- Develop and cultivate senior client relationships in Human Resources, Technology and Line of Business domains
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.