IT Business developer Director Resources market Italy
Area of expertise:
The Business Developer ( Resources area), is responsible for generating sales and driving revenue - typically in low to medium risk and return sales pursuits - through prospecting, acquiring, developing and expanding business leads to achieve short- and long-term revenue and profit growth. He/she develops long-lasting customer relationships and gathers referrals with both new and current accounts. The Business Developer (BD) understands what is important for various stakeholders and is able to marshal the right resources with or without direct authority. The BD, could be focused on a portfolio of named customers or could be supporting an Account Manager on a specific opportunity at their customer. He/She is proactive and utilizes the appropriate processes depending on the situation or customer need; determines priorities, establishes a systematic course of action to ensure successful completion of sales, and allocates time and resources effectively. The Business Developer increases profitability of a portfolio of accounts through cross-selling service lines (including Application Managed Services and/or Infrastructure Managed Services).
Years of Experience: 10+ years experienced in ICT consulting market, with main focus on Resource (Utility, Energy, Chemical and Natural Resources) market
Management Experience: 3+ years of management experience.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business, sales or marketing recommended; advanced degree (M.B.A. or equivalent) preferred
- Strong customer interface and presentation skills, with a Customer Focus attitude
- Able to skillfully navigate through negotiation phases
- Able to act as a trusted advisor in addressing our customer's business needs
- Proficient Account Planning skills (utilizing the global standard account plan document)
- Knowledgeable of sales pipeline management and sales and revenue quotas
- Solid understanding of Avanade solutions, Microsoft products and technology services, Accenture industry solutions and of competitive offerings
- Experience selling IT projects and solution selling
- Able to leverage network of inside and outside contacts to increase influence
Work Location: Milan
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.