IT Business Analyst
Area of expertise:
An IT Business Analyst is responsible for working directly with business customers and stakeholders to understand business needs and pain points in an effort to help determine/design how IT can enable those needs, then using that information to shape, design and deliver IT capabilities.
Day-to-day, you will -
- Conduct meetings with business leads and stakeholders to understand needs and pain points, as well as participate in design thinking sessions to shape “art of the possible” solutions based on those needs.
- Research possible IT solutions (in house and 3rd party) to meet those needs partnering with other IT service owners and experts within Avanade and Microsoft.
- Participate in developing capability blueprints and roadmaps
- Develop IT delivery project plans, outlining key milestones and dependencies
- Participate in project delivery – specifically focusing on shaping project backlog items, writing user stories that house business requirements, coordinating and participating in testing activities and playing a role in sprint showcases.
- Understand processes/transactions, data and how they are used and flow into and out of technical solutions.
- Liaison with business stakeholders to understand new programs and their impact on existing capabilities and downstream systems.
- Participate in 3rd party technology vendor management – making sure our 3rd party tools are meeting the business needs over time.
You are a results-oriented self-starter with attention to detail. You are a fast-learner and a creative thinker. You can drive change in unstructured environments. You can think and work systematically and logically. You are excited about working with a global technology leader to solve business-critical problems for some of the top companies in the world. You are passionate about software and its potential to move organizations forward through innovation.
- Savvy analytic and problem-solving skills
- Technology & Experience Design Skills
- Strong networking skills
- Experience identifying and resolving issues independently (e.g. troubleshooting)
- Possess a customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Consistent delivery and follow through on commitments
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Access, MS SharePoint
- Great organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to effectively communicate information to both technical and non-technical with stakeholders
Your technical skill set likely includes the following:
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies (Agile)
- Some knowledge of Office 365 and SharePoint
- Experience in business analysis and requirements gathering and management
- Some knowledge of Social Collaboration tools
- Your business skill set likely includes the following:
- Demonstrated ability to think and work systematically and logically
- Clear and concise oral and written communication
- Negotiation skills
- Results oriented / self-directed ability to drive change in unstructured environment
- Good internal client interface and presentation skills
- Business acumen
- Time management skills
- Customer oriented attitude and good interpersonal skills
- You will likely have a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, business or technology-related field preferred.
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.