Client Portfolio Lead Job Description – Health & Public Service and Products
In a highly visible leadership role, the Health & Public Service and Products Client Portfolio Lead is responsible for driving overall client sales, satisfaction, revenue, and people leadership across the Northeast Health & Public Service and Products Portfolio. There will be a primary focus on key Accenture strategic clients but will also include Avanade’s Client Portfolio. As the Client Portfolio Leader, you are the primary contact for all clients and Accenture Industry Leadership. This pertains to client and executive relations, and project performance within the designated Industry Portfolio. You will have a 1:1 interlock with Accenture Leads.
In this leadership role, you will partner with various Avanade and Accenture subject matter experts, driving client success and positioning Avanade as an innovator for clients and partners alike.
As a priority, you will also own the business development function for your own client(s).
You will bring 15+ years of Health and Public Service and Products Industry-specific knowledge.
Health and Public Service is defined as Payor and/or Provider, State and Local Government and Non-Profit Industries.
Products is defined as Retail, Consumer Goods, Automotive, Air Freight & Leisure Travel, Industrial Equipment and Life Sciences Industries.
Experience is not expected across all of these Industries.
Client Account Management
· Lead Industry focused Client Leads and Sales Executives in their day-to-day customer facing activities.
· Partner with Accenture and Microsoft Directors (where heavy Accenture presence) to build strong relationships, link sales teams and close business opportunities. Note this will require a significant understanding of the applicable Industry Portfolio
· Team with Sales, Delivery, Solution Areas, North America Industry Leads, and the Global Offshore Delivery Network to build strong client relationships and value propositions
· Lead in the development and execution of an annual formal account plan and quarterly account reviews of all strategic/key accounts
· Assist the Marketing team in developing and executing plans for brand development, client referrals, market awareness and market positioning for strategic/key clients
· Work with the Northeast Sales Executive to establish operating policies and procedures consistent with Avanade's business strategies, policies, and objectives and ensure their execution, in compliance with the laws governing business operations
· Own the Growth Strategy, Profitability and Scale of the Industry portfolio
· Sales and Revenue forecasting for Accenture accounts
· Legal reviews for statements of work, letters of agreement and Microsoft funded contracts
People & Organization
· Partner with the Northeast Sales Executive and Marketing team on the Regional/Industry Marketing plan
· Provide input to headcount plans (e.g. Client Account Leads, Sales Executives, Accenture Microsoft Business Group personnel)
· Develop and implement procedures to promote and support appropriate and efficient communication and information flow between the Client Industry Portfolio and associated North America functions
· Set direction for training programs to ensure training and development goals are met
Technical and Functional
· Deep understanding of ROI approaches and very comfortable with balancing decisions both externally and internally
· Executive Relationship and Account Sponsorship development skills including business acumen, navigating political structure, etc.
· Proven ability to discuss concepts of value and knowledge from a client viewpoint
· Ability to spot, manage and escalate challenging problems/issues with the client and within Avanade
· Relates effectively and confidently with Client C-level Executives by listening and empathizing within the context of both business and technology
· Superior written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent presentation skills
· Deep background in sales and delivery methodologies
· Solid understanding of enterprise service solutions
· Solid understanding of the concepts of Microsoft technologies
· Prior P&L Management experience of around $50M+ a plus
People & Leadership Skills
· Demonstrated managerial and leadership experience
· Excellent personal leadership skills in front of our people and clients
· Strong coaching and mentoring skills - must be able to identify and nurture talent and help build future leaders
· Executive presence
· Comfortable leading a team within a Matrixed organization
Key Measurements Include:
· New logos
· Converting Accenture accounts to dual branded accounts (Avanade and Accenture)
· Accenture whitespace growth
· Employee retention for all people deployed to their Industry Portfolio
· Year over Year employee Pulse Survey Scores (Employee Engagement Index)
· Industry/Market Executive relationships and customer referrals