HR Generalist, Northeast
Area of expertise:
Together we go beyond.
As a Business HR Adviser, you are responsible for supporting efforts to drive Avanade’s people agenda and enabling our talent strategy under the direction of the Business HR Lead for your Region. You will be responsible for key HR/people initiatives and processes, including employee inquiries, regional communications, onboarding, culture building, as well as general resource administration. You will interpret regional HR policies, programs, and procedures and act as a liaison to other teams such as payroll, benefits, and recruiting. You will also provide program management support to the regional Business HR Lead, which may include: employee relations, performance management, professional development, compensation, budgeting, scheduling, and inclusion and diversity.
Day-to-day you will:
- Support Business HR Lead in execution of Avanade HR strategy; driving strategy locally
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, and evaluate HR program efforts within client group, under the supervision of Business HR Lead
- Manage and update HR systems
- Provide reporting and analytics on HR/people metrics to support data-driven people decisions, set HR priorities, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Prepare, coordinate, and support practice managers/business managers/Business HR Lead on performance discussions/activities as well as separations
- Coordinate and support Avanade’s annual performance review process
- Participate and support regional/Market Unit onboarding and employee engagement programs to maximize retention
- Contribute to the creation of Area HR policies and programs through participation in special projects and tasks forces
- Provide technical advice and knowledge to others within the human resources discipline
- Focus on continuous improvement of HR programs, policies, practices and processes
- Be an ambassador of Avanade values
- Broad HR background in employee relations, performance management, compensation/benefits, HR administration, onboarding, and recruitment
- Demonstrated success in delivering employee programs that impacted/improved the success of an organization/department
- Expert knowledge of applicable employment laws
- You likely possess a bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, Psychology, or have an equivalent combination of education and experience; PHR certification preferred
- You likely have about 2-4 years of professional experience in a Human Resources role
- Experience within professional services or technology industries is preferred
Behavioral Competencies Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with staff at all levels within the organization
- Ability to take initiative with little or no supervision
- Maintains a positive outlook
- Works constructively under pressure
- Works successfully in a team environment and embraces and cultivates an inclusive culture
- Responds resourcefully when challenges arise
- Accepts responsibility for actions
- Adaptability for learning and change
- Effective presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Sound judgment, tact, integrity and professional
- Ability to exceed customer expectations
- Solid organization, decision making and time management skills
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.