Group Manager, Data Strategy - South Region
Area of expertise:
- Operating with senior client executives (C-levels, VPs, Directors), you will assist our clients in successfully defining their Data and Analytics/Artificial Intelligence Strategy, Data Monetization Strategy, Transformation Initiatives, Investments and Operating Models to support their business priorities.
- You will lead teams of 2-20 consultants, data scientists, and engineers to aid your clients in identifying how they will leverage data
- Lead the delivery of a broad range of Data, Analytics, Advanced Analytics, Visualization, Data Science, RPA and AI related Strategy / Advisory engagements
- Possess deep understanding of trends and strategies for identifying and leveraging appropriate approaches and solutions to meet client business, financial and technical objectives
- Conduct detailed analyses to understand and explain client problems and utilize standard management consulting skills such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc.
- Lead the design and delivery of Data/Analytics Advisory engagements involving strategy, roadmap, data monetization, operating model, CoE development.
- Lead the scoping, definition and delivery of Data Governance assessments, workshops and client engagements
- Conduct quick value discovery engagements in Data & AI to identify applicable industry use-cases, help clients understand the effort, potential benefits, and develop an opportunity prioritization matrix
- Lead strategy engagements with clients to create clear and actionable strategic roadmaps and supporting business cases that both delineate a broader end-game, while also prioritizing quick wins with near-term measurable impact
- Demonstrate thought leadership to advise clients on Data/Analytics, AI and automation strategy and detailed use cases development by industry
- Actively contribute to the creation of client proposals for consulting and/or transformation engagements focused on Data/Analytics/ AI and automation
- Monitor technology trends and raise awareness of capabilities and innovations in selected domains of expertise and contribute towards industry specific offerings
- 8+ years of Management Consulting experience from a top management or professional services firm
- Experience in developing Data Strategy, business cases and roadmaps associated with Data transformation, cloud migrations, etc.
- Experience in conducting Data Governance assessments, developing future state process and governance definitions
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive level clients
- Travel as necessary to client sites
- Previous experience working on multiple Advisory / Strategy engagements in a highly matrixed external client facing environment, with Talent, Project, Budget Management responsibilities
- Superb communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions
- Autonomous, positive problem solver, and aptitude to work independently or part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Practical Business Architecture experience (business / operation models, personas, process modelling)
- Knowledge of the Data/ Analytics strategy and COE definition
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, MBA preferred
- The following skills and capabilities are central to the role, depending on Service Area expertise:
- Cross-sector and functional experience highly desirable (Financial Services/ Healthcare/ Life Sciences/ Manufacturing/ Supply Chain)
- Data, Analytics Strategy, Maturity assessment & Roadmap (using Microsoft technologies)
- COE Setup and Operationalization Plan (Analytics related)
- Data Governance and Management
- Process Re-Engineering, Transformation and Adoption
- Sound knowledge in Strategy development involving areas such as Data Architecture, Data Hubbing / Integration, Data Modeling, Data Governance & Management, Data Quality, Data Security, Reporting & Analytics, BI Governance, BI Self-Service
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.