GRC Senior Compliance Specialist
Area of expertise:
As the GRC Senior Compliance Specialist you will provide support and services for Avanade’s enterprise-wide certification and compliance program helping the company protect the personal data of its staff and clients. This position reviews data privacy laws and regulations, identifies applicable information security and data privacy requirements, evaluates assets to ensure data privacy and information security controls are met, assists staff to identify and maintain control objectives to globally applicable data privacy regulations, creates and maintains reports; supports and assists with GRC team projects as necessary.
To thrive in this role, you must be proficient in the following areas:
- Be knowledgeable in data privacy regulations to develop, deploy, and support data protection and information security assessments demonstrating alignment with applicable requirements.
- Engage stakeholders and assist them with the evaluation of information assets, applications, systems, products, and services ability to meet data privacy by design and information security requirements.
- Have experience with industry recognized risk assessment frameworks, identify appropriate risk remediation options, track risks to closure and, where applicable, integrated additional requirements into existing assessments.
- Guide and train stakeholders and organizational leadership at all levels companywide ensuring awareness and compliance with personal data protection requirements.
- Conduct root cause analysis on risks and identify appropriate remediation in accordance with industry-recognized frameworks and standards.
- Prepare and deliver executive level reporting metrics providing status of data privacy risks, remediation measures, and trends.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the OneTrust assessment automation and data mapping modules.
- Actively engaged with stakeholders outside of GRC to buildout assessments to meet business challenges, e.g., centralized asset management, sharing of existing asset details, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or compensating military experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of IT, regulatory compliance, or GRC experience.
- Excellent verbal and written proficiency with the English language.
- Experience with Governance, Risk and Compliance and data inventory tools, e.g., ServiceNow, OneTrust, etc.
- Take initiative delivering timely results and supporting multiple tasks and projects of varying scope and scale.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (O365) products e.g., Word, Excel, Power BI, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Ability to work independently and meet established deliverable timelines.
- Exhibit team building, team participation, and a growth mindset.
- Present within the organization in a concise and organized manner from managers to executive leadership.
- Hold or willing to obtain industry recognized certification such as Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), Certified GRC Professional (GRCP), CISSP, CISA, CISM, etc.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Avanade provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $112,000 and $116,000 and information on benefits offered is here.
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.