Front End Web Developer
Area of expertise:
- This position is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Candidates outside of Halifax will be responsible for any relocation fees.
- At Avanade, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual. All Avanade employees are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client and remotely.
As a Front-End Web Development Consultant, you will have an amazing opportunity to develop interesting and meaningful web applications and receive mentorship from some of the brightest minds in North America's software engineering community. You’ll have the opportunity to interact with our clients and learn their business, their organization, systems, challenges and goals. You will often work alongside clients defining and clarifying requirements, creating accurate estimates, and integrating with their organization to build and deliver solutions that deliver exceptional client results.
We take tremendous pride in creating the best bespoke software for our clients and are thrilled that our team continues to learn and grow together.
Day-to-day, you will
- Work on the front end of enterprise applications
- Meet with your team and the client to align on Sprint objectives
- Develop and deliver high-quality, low-defect, testable features
- Ensure quality by adhering to technical best practices, code reviews, and pair programming to tackle difficult issues
- Consistently maintain accurate estimates surrounding your tasks and efforts
- Potentially work part-time or full-time at your client's site
- You’re excited about the latest in modern web development. You’re personable and enthusiastic, looking to join a friendly and highly capable team. You likely have experience as a consultant, working with external clients on a regular basis.
- Your skillset likely includes:
- You likely have a Computer Science degree or equivalent background and 2 or more years of web development experience.
We are always looking for ways to elevate our employee experience to give our people opportunities to share in Avanade's success. In addition to a competitive salary and attractive benefits, we offer an employee stock purchase plan, recognition programs with awards tied to them, and additional perks like flexible work arrangements and thriving employee networks.
We’re interested in getting to know you and figuring out what we can do together. Hit Apply Now and let’s start the conversation.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.