Front End Web Developer
Area of expertise:
About the role:
As a Front-End Web Developer and Consultant, you will have an amazing opportunity to develop interesting and meaningful web applications and receive mentorship from some of the brightest minds in Toronto’s software engineering community. You’ll have the opportunity to interact with our clients and learn their business, their organization, systems, challenges and goals. You will often work alongside clients defining and clarifying requirements, creating accurate estimates, and integrating with their organization to build and deliver solutions that deliver exceptional client results.
We take tremendous pride in creating the best bespoke software for our clients and are thrilled that our team continues to learn and grow together.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Work on the front end of enterprise applications
- Meet with your team and the client to align on Sprint objectives
- Develop and deliver high-quality, low-defect, testable features
- Ensure quality by adhering to technical best practices, code reviews, and pair programming to tackle difficult issues
- Consistently maintain accurate estimates surrounding your tasks and efforts
- Potentially work part-time or full-time at your client's site
- You likely have a Computer Science degree or equivalent background and 2 or more years of web development experience
You’re excited about the latest in modern web development. You’re personable and enthusiastic, looking to join a friendly and highly capable team. You likely have experience as a consultant, working with external clients on a regular basis.
Your skillset likely includes:
- 2 - 10+ more years of web development experience.
- Single Page Application (SPA) experience, preferably component-based (e.g. React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- Computer Science (CS) and development fundamentals, including Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Comfortable in one other general-purpose programming language, preferably C#
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.