Finance Analyst, Client Finance Management
Area of expertise:
Our CFM Finance Analyst collaborates with Project Managers and Delivery Leads to provide finance support for a regional business unit(s). This entry level, non-travel position serves as a hands-on member of the finance team, passionate about supporting the Delivery organization in financial reviews and project financial management deliverables, such as opening and closing projects, invoicing, collections, and forecasting.
The CFM Analyst is responsible for assisting in a variety of areas focused on partnering with Delivery to ensure accurate tracking and reporting on project and regional level financials.
Specific scope of work will include:
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to create client invoices and ensure payments are received and applied on time
- Partnering with Delivery organization and with the CFM lead to ensure compliance with US GAAP and internal policies and controls, including but not limited to contract IC checklists and revenue recognition policies
- Supporting the lead in preparing the ATMs (Accounting Treatment Memos) for assigned projects
- Teaming with Project Managers to monitor engagement profitability
- Coordinating with the lead to develop and prepare engagement-specific reports for client financial management over the course of the project’s life
- Providing recommendations to Project Managers with respect to project financial performance, key financial metrics, etc.
- Supporting the lead to provide financial data for consolidation of Regional budgets and forecasts
- Completing detailed monthly close activities and forecast submissions for assigned projects
- Provide commercial and financial support of new opportunity pricing during the pursuit phase
- Reconciliation of monthly actuals and variances to forecast
Years of Experience:
0 to 3 years’ experience in finance/accounting position
Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or accounting
- Detail oriented, hands-on team member ready to collaborate with the regional finance team as well cross-functional teams
- Highly organized with excellent analytical skills
- Self-starter with a curiosity to learn new processes
- Ability to manage independent work effort
- Confidence to engage with contract executives regarding financial reporting and accounting matters
- Excellent communication skills including proficiency in English
- Knowledge of Excel and MS Windows based software packages: Word, Outlook, etc.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Knowledge of consulting companies
- Knowledge of SAP Financials and US GAAP
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.