Exchange and AD Deployment Engineer
Area of expertise:
18 month W2 contract
Looking for a customer focused, analytical, and high energy candidate to join our team who will be responsible for delivering onboarding support services. The EMS Onboarding Engineer will handle the technical aspects of onboarding customers and partners to the Microsoft cloud with a focus on Azure Active Directory and Intune. This role entails providing proactive guidance and remediation assistance, and as the technical consultant you will drive the technical execution.
Key business metrics & responsibilities will include:
· Execute, manage, and lead customers & partners thru the onboarding process by providing remote guidance and following best practices
· Utilize your demonstrated technical skills and leadership to assist with resolution of issues and removing any adoption blockers
· Assist customers and partners with configuration of onboarding tools and processes
· Analyze, develop, and communicate key onboarding process and technology improvement feedback for the development/engineering teams in order to enhance the entire deployment cycle
· Develop, foster, and maintain effective working relationships with various groups within the organization including engineering, account teams, enterprise services\support, and partner teams to deliver key business metrics
· Strong communication skills to effectively drive recommendations and establish priorities across various customers, partners, senior executives, and organization boundaries
· Team player and collaborator with excellent follow up and documentation skills. Must be able to work and develop a positive relationship with customers of various size and complexity
· Self-driven engaging individual with a proven history of demonstrated technical skills and leadership.
· Ability to determine root cause of technical issues either on own or in a collaborative scenario. Strong problem-solving skills are necessary
· Knowledge of cloud-based technologies and able to explain why cloud computing is transforming positive change across industries
· Must be able to manage time effectively and accurately maintain a weekly schedule of customer engagements
· Must be comfortable with ambiguity and open to change while striving for clarity to drive positive business impact
Required Technical Skills
· Hands-on experience with Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, PowerShell. ADFS and Identity experience is a plus
· Windows Server administrative experience, including one or more of the following: Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2
· Microsoft Exchange Server experience, including one or more of the following: Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016. And Exchange specific experience should include an understanding of mail transport protocols (POP/IMAP/SMTP), DNS records (CNAME, MX, SPF), Message Tracing, Malware/Spam Filtering, and networking fundamentals
· Working experience administering mobile devices on one or more of these platforms: Android, iOS, Blackberry, or Windows Mobile. Experience with one or more of these MDM platforms is preferred: AirWatch, Intune, Mobile Iron
· Proven experience configuring mail clients (Outlook Desktop, mobile clients) and trouble-shooting connectivity
· Windows Desktop OS experience: Windows 7, 8.1, and/or Windows 10. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 or 2016 is also recommended
· Ability to trouble-shoot technical issues up through tier 2
· Above all - the desire and ability to learn is key, and more important than previous experience with a long list of technologies
Preferred Technical Skills
· ADFS, IIS, SCCM, Network Firewall experience. Microsoft Cloud technologies: Azure Active Directory, Office 365
· Microsoft Office Suite Deployment
· SharePoint and Skype for Business Administrative experience
· MacOS experience
· Mailbox migration experience with GroupWise and/or Lotus Notes
· Microsoft certifications: MCSA Office 365 or MCSA/MCSE in another discipline
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.