Exchange/SharePoint Migration Tech Lead || contract to hire
Area of expertise:
Avanade helps customers realize results in a digital world through business technology solutions and managed services that combine insight, innovation and expertise focused on Microsoft® technologies. Our people have helped thousands of organizations in all industries improve business agility, employee productivity and customer loyalty. Avanade combines the collective business, technical and industry expertise of its worldwide network of experts with the rigor of an industrialized delivery model to provide high quality solutions using proven and emerging technologies with flexible deployment models–on premises, cloud-based or outsourced. Avanade, which is majority owned by Accenture, was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 21,000 professionals in more than 20 countries. Additional information can be found at www.avanade.com.
The Exchange/SharePoint migration tech lead is responsible for the end-to-end process of migrating users from the source organization to Exchange/SharePoint Online (or Exchange/SharePoint on-premise as needed). The migration lead engages the customer early in the pipeline, sets proper expectations, and provides an easy-to-understand overview of the process as a whole. The role is technical and does require knowledge of Exchange, SharePoint, O365 and Active Directory, but success in the role is based more on ability to quickly adapt, learn, problem-solve, and develop close/trusting relationships with customers.
The migration tech lead is a heavily customer facing role, working closely with the scheduling and technical teams. Work heavily in Excel to combine customer user reports and match information across different views. The migration lead creates PowerShell scripts to generate batches based on the schedule and additional scripts to monitor status and provide reports. Once migrations begin, the migration lead may be responsible for executing nightly migrations and reporting on their status.
The Migration Tech Lead will:
- Interface with customer pre-migration to provide guidance and best practices on scheduling, change management, etc.
- Communicate clearly to the customer the typical migration process balancing technical explanation with concise, high-level overviews
- Notify key stakeholders/senior leaders about day-to-day technology changes
- Review current Exchange/SharePoint usage to help identify one’s top users in need of additional support to establish a usage baseline one can track against when posting upgrade numbers
- Work closely with client resource to manage master spreadsheet/scheduling process
- Utilize PowerShell to create migration batches and troubleshoot moves
- Create reports and status on current moves. Troubleshoot accordingly and make recommendations based on current speeds and timelines
- Execute migrations during stated windows. Send out nightly reports on success/failures. Make decisions on postpones/failures.
- Constantly work with client to adjust schedule and migration batches as needed (highly changing environment with high adaptation requirements)
- Aid customer in minor Exchange/SharePoint/O365 changes done during migration or during nightly migrations, ideally through scripting.
- Work with client to help measure user satisfaction during migration
- Utilize PowerShell to find remaining non-migrated users and generate reports
Years of Experience: 3+ years of experience with Exchange, SharePoint, O365, Active Directory, and/or Infrastructure, in a support or consulting role. Some experience with Quest/BitTitan migration tools is preferred.
Education: Minimum bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems. Will consider related field (or equivalent) experience.
Certifications: Microsoft certifications like MCSE, MASTERS etc.
- Exchange 20/10/2013/2016/2019
- Exchange Online
- Hybrid Exchange setup and configuration
- Active Directory/Azure AD
- Quest migration Tools
- BitTitan migration Tools
- PowerShell scripting (basic)
- Excel (Filtering and VLookups)
- Ability to quickly learn third-party migration tools as needed
- Working Experience as a Systems Engineer (or equivalent).
Scope of Work:
- Some out of hours working may be required to support service issues and global customers. During velocity migrations, hours are rarely typical straight shifts.
- Desktop/Direct user support is out of scope
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status
Additional Area, Region or Service Line specific requirements:
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.