Entry-Level, Security Engineer-West
Area of expertise:
Do you know how to stop a sophisticated cyber threat? So do we.
Fortune 500 companies don’t need more cybersecurity; they need better cybersecurity. That's where you come in. Working with us, you can help to protect some of the world's biggest companies and keep their assets safe and secure.
You offer clients the kind of security that will help them sleep well at night. You’re a creative problem solver, always thinking ahead and spotting risks. Like a digital detective, you uncover and prevent cyber threats to protect businesses from risks they may not even know they face. You’re as happy to work independently as you are supporting junior colleagues.
About the role
The Security Analyst is responsible for closely working with enterprise architects and resources to identify and mitigate risks, perform security reviews, design credible security practices, and deliver strategic, creative cloud-based security offerings. The Security Analyst is accountable for securing enterprise information by identifying network and application security requirements, planning, implementing and testing security controls and procedures.
On a typical day, you’ll:
- Monitor the use of computer files or intellectual property to safeguard access to information
- Evaluate vulnerability and threats with clients, regularly performing required audits and tests
- Design and implement security-related tools and services by using and adapting existing methods and procedures
- Communicate with project teams about what’s required for process and technical improvements
- Work towards your team's goals within the strategic direction set by the project
- Travel as needed.
You will know all about Azure security offerings, networking, application services, databases and storage solutions, and love working with Microsoft applications. You’ve probably got a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Systems, Information Security, or another relevant field.
- Forward-thinking interpersonal skills; you can persuasively express your point of view whether it’s through a written or face-to-face presentation
- Knowledge of and interest in Microsoft security technologies and strategy
- Some experience with identity and access management principals, architecture and security management or securing network and enterprise cloud applications.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Mobility and Security Suite (EM+S), Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), Azure Information Protection (AIP) and Intune
- Knowledge of Azure Key Vault, Azure Security Center, OMS
- Proven implementation of cloud security models, particularly identity, network, and encryption
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.